➰ DEKE - Tour ➰

A/n: Hey guys! In this one-shot we're going to pretend that Deke doesn't have a crush on Daisy/girlfriend!

It's set a month before s6, and I've changed some of the characters.

I look around the building in disgust. I don't understand how someone smart enough to develop these ideas, wastes so much space. I mean, seriously, there's a huge room for just a few couches and a table.

Though, I can't deny that the design is very aesthetically pleasing, but still.

"Okay everyone, why don't I introduce you to the assistant of Deke Shaw himself, Lana Jamison!" My teacher gushes.

I'm starting to regret taking this course in modern advancements and technologies. I've always been interested in the future of our planet, so I decided to take this along with business to figure out what I want to do as a career. I'm leaning towards law.

Visiting the trending inventor who popped up out of nowhere isn't how I wanted to spend my perfectly good Friday.

"Hey everyone! As your teacher told you, I am one of Mr Shaw's assistants. I specialize more in the social media and advertising side of the company," she starts.

She seems a little too nice, but I guess it's her job to be fake, right? Social media isn't exactly an authentic department.

I watch as people rush around the building in an orderly panic, and feel a little bit better about my outfit, since everyone's wearing such extravagant colours.

I'm wearing a bright yellow top with cute, matching flared pants, that kind of make me look like a lemon. Whatever.

"So," Lana starts. "Your class has won the privilege of visiting the Deke Shaw today, because you were picked from a contest draw out of over ten thousand classes!"

People start screaming and giggling a little, I can't help but to roll my eyes. I hate how she worded that first bit, and I'm sure he's only going to talk for a minute or two.

"Isn't that exciting everyone!" God, even Mr Smith is fangirling. If this visit didn't count for five percent of my grade, I'd leave.

Who knows, that five percent could be the difference between an A and an A+.

"Wait, we actually get to meet him?!"

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my-"

"Someone get me a mirror right now!"

"This is about to be my biggest flex."

"Do I look hot enough for him?"

I almost throw up at that one. I hate how people are obsessed with celebrities and then change themselves because of it.

Like, Ariana Grande doesn't care if you wear Gucci to her concert or whatever. I'm sure this is all just to make Deke Shaw look good. They'll call him a philanthropist.

"Everyone, follow me." Directing us up the stairs, she talks a bit about each area we pass. Even though I don't like Deke Shaw, what he's doing is pretty incredible.

A sustainable food source for the world, a gun that works just as efficiently- but doesn't kill. This is revolutionary.

But I refuse to fangirl like everyone else.

We arrive at a large door with a plaque that reads 'Deke Shaw' in gold. Yet another part of the building that strokes his ego.

Lana opens the door, and the room is more like a living area than an office. There are a few couches and chairs, and more snacks.

It looks like something copied straight off a fancy home design magazine full of things that no one can actually afford.

Well, I guess Deke Shaw can.

Another door opens and the man himself walks in. The girls start screaming.

All of them. Expect me. That's a handful of random people screaming at someone in their office. I can't deal with this.

"Hello everyone!" Deke says as he stretches the 'o'. I kind of hate it when people do that. "How are you enjoying your trip?"

My class decides to start screaming again, which for these girls, answers his question more accurately than words could.

"Well I'm glad to hear it." Makes one of us. "I'll take some questions if you have any."

Everyone's hand shoots up immediately, well, everyone except for mine. I want to ask questions, but he won't have time to go through all of us. I'll just be disappointed if I don't get picked, which I wo-

"First one goes to you, the girl in all yellow at the front." Me? I look up and meet his eyes. He's staring at me.

No shit, he's waiting for your question.

"What motivated you to start changing the world?" He seems a little surprised by my question, but answers perfectly.

"I have friends who change the world in their jobs every single day. In their work, they risk death just to help people. If they can make the world a better place, we all can."

He receives applause from our class, and a few of his workers, who've taken a moment to listen to him talk. This is almost a cult.

He smiles at me, and I smile back.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Deke Shaw took four more questions, and that was the end of our tour. Mr Smith lets us leave early today, and walks out with a big smile. "Hey yellow girl, wait up!"

I turn around and find myself face to face with Deke Shaw. "What kind of nickname is yellow girl?" I blurt out rudely.

He looks a bit taken aback, but I would be too in his position. "Sorry, what's up?"

What's up? Way too casual.

"I was wondering if you would like to come to a party with me tonight? It's a meet and greet for my new investors."

"Sure, I would love to go, but I'm a broke university student, so I can't really do any investing." I joke, and he laughs.

"I was actually wondering if you would go as my date." Oh. That was unexpected.

"Wow, umm, are you sure you want me to go with you? The broke university student with the super rich CEO inventor?"

"You seemed really cool on the tour, and I could pay you if you want."

"I'll go, but you definitely don't have to pay me. Where's the party?" I ask.

"Don't worry, I'll pick you up." With that, he leaves. I never told him where I live.

I'm sure he'll figure it out.

Vote for more Deke one-shots! ⭐️