➰ DAISY - Inhuman ➰

It all started on Friday when mom cooked dinner. It was fish, which I normally don't enjoy, but she looked really happy when she put it on the plate, I couldn't say no.

Now I wish I did. I'm sure she would too, if she were still here. If I didn't murder her.

I'm on the run with an Iced Tea, a bag of Reece's Minis, and my phone. Which does not have data, so it's pretty useless.

At least I have enough control over my new 'abilities' that I can charge said phone.

The streetlights flicker one by one as I pass by them. They stop once I'm a few feet away. Some of them stay on, some don't.

I find my gifts quite interesting. But what's happened so far, which is literally only two days, is that I can 'steal' light?

That probably doesn't make sense, but I can store it for a later use as well. As of this point, the 'later use' has been murder.

I walk into a cheep ass motel and book a small room for the night. It's on the top floor, which might allow me to get sleep. Hopefully there isn't a crackhead party.

After several minutes of failed attempts to sign in to the wifi, I collapse on the very uncomfortable bed (which is broken and has cocaine on it from the last person).

Until this moment, I had ignored the soft, yet agitating sound of dripping tap water. There's no way I can sleep with that.

Walking up to the bathroom I here loud footsteps. Usually I would totally ignore something as normal as that, but with all that's happened recently, I don't.

I become one of those stupid ass characters in horror movies, and leave my room, closing my door as silently as possible.

I hear two sets of footsteps, which makes me feel like I'm paranoid. Surely there are many couples staying here, right?

My feet decide to be absolute assholes and keep going. Going where exactly? I don't know. Hopefully not to my death.

Along the way down to the third floor, which is where I should run into them on the tiny staircase, I charge up on light.

I'm starting to think it's the ATCU- which is a new organization set on helping people like me. Although, I call bullshit.

No one in the world would collect powered people with good intentions in mind.

I peek over the staircase and confirm what I was thinking. Definitely government. They couldn't make it more obvious with their bulletproof vests and black clothes.

The man is holding a gun. They're going to kill me. They're going to fucking kill me.

No, I won't let them. Not now, not like this. I won't let the ATCU have control.

I blast the man to the ground with a ray of light. The woman looks at me. She's a little less scared than I thought she'd be, but I can still see the fear in her eyes. I smile.

Okay, I admit, that action probably made her think I'm a psychopath, but who cares? Let her think whatever she wants. If she tries anything on me, she's dead anyways.

Apparently, this agent woke up and chose the path of death today, because she thinks it's smart to chase me up the stairs.

Everything starts to shake at a violent pace. Dammit, this has to be the worst possible time for an earthquake. Just my luck.

The woman blasts me -just like I did to the man- but whatever she did was invisible.

She must have gifts, too. I guess the new government motto is 'fight fire with fire'.