The Bond

All his fears came flashing before his eyes. In the thousand years he had lived and prowled on this earth, he never knew fear until he met Ying Yue. Banye had experienced trauma and he head experienced lost, too many of them to even count in his head, but had never feared anything as much as losing Ying Yue. 

Out of his fears and desperation, Banye did what he promised he would never do, he would never use. He called upon the bond so strong, so unbreakable. A bond between a master and familiar. A trade he made out of He Lian's desperation. Out of his own selfish intention and out of his own fear itself. 

His magic awoken shivering in reaction as he released the summon. 

He Lian. His thought whispered through the bond, the thin line of their souls connecting each other. Wang Jian is so close to Ying Yue now. He could kill her, he could cut her with that sharp claws imbedded in his knuckles in a single carnal strike and she'd be too stunned to even know what happened. 

He can feel it, he can feel it in the soul they shared, he can hear it in his mind during those times when she silently kept to herself, quiet as the dark thoughts in her mind became too loud, too restless, too busy to contain, control or press into submission. A sliver of Wang Jian grazing inside her memory, her love and the kindred bond that would never go away no matter how much he tries to destroy it. 

Banye couldn't blame her, he couldn't get mad at her. He understands. Ying Yue is born and raised to be Wang Jian's wife. The thought, the honor, and the privilege, the idea was beaten into her mind from the day she was born. Even her earliest memories were memories dedicated to him. The love that would never go away, could never be erased no matter how much he wove his own memories in her head.

It hurts and it pains him to think Ying Yue loved another man deeply before him. 

He Lian. He called his little girl, his familiar through the bond between them. 

The magic awoken in He Lian, magic stinging in her blood. She rose, eyes exotic vacant staring into nothingness, her body still screamed aching from the love making her and Wang Jian shared. Too heavy, too still to will on her own. 

I need you He Lian, he whispered through the bond. Please hurry. 

She exploded like wisps, reaped from one place to another. Tendrils of smoke still clinging into her like smoke to a fire, it held on wrapping itself unto her, coating her with darkness.

Wang Jian is so close now. Ying Yue eyes widening at the onslaught arriving at her.  Too stunned, too distraught, too shock to defend her herself. Banye is too far off a distance to stop it, too wounded, too...stupid to get to her in time. He can see it all through her eyes, through the soul they share. The death that's looming, latching and clawing like starving vulture hungry for a meal.

The world coming to a slow halting stop. He is nearly there when the sight of He Lian lodged between Wang Jian and Ying Yue and everything finally came to a stand still. 

The recognition was instant. The lethal gleam in his eyes sizzling as it slowly tames. From fiery green flames simmering down to molten chocolate. Wang Jian returning and it didn't take but a instant for his love to flare at the sight of He Lian before him. His mate. His true love.

There was a gasp. A fluttering gasp escaped through Ying Yue and Banye heard it rippling through Ying Yue's mind. It was both relief and shock. Relief for Wang Jian and shock for He Lian. 

Ying Yue finally found out and she had to find out in the worst possible way.

Banye loose his steel grasp on his sword and let it fall to the grass. He felt like crying. He's a demon, a conniving, opportunistic, manipulative demon. This is what he does, this is what defines him, this has been his nature since he was put into this earth. But why does it hurts so much? Why does it hurts to feel the pain of the woman he loves?

Everything is shooting at him. Banye is feeling everything Ying Yue is feeling.