Nikita

Nikita skimmed her long finger on the sharp edge of her dagger, exchanging looks with Xian and Wan. It's been an excruciatingly boring last couple months since they haven't had any type of action in a while. Her bones are aching and screaming for a fight.

She had not become one of the most skilled sentry in the underworld just so she could sit on her ass, waiting for their boss to finish fucking his mortal wife.

The thought of Ying Yue irritated her, darting her dagger on Xian who had his eyes on the table scanning the maps and stacks of scrolls laid before him.

Xian had been Banye's second command, his most trusted sentry.

Xian caught the dagger in between his fingers without as much as glancing up. "You should be used to her by now considering our lord had been married to Fei for years now."

Nikita snorted, eyes glaring unpleasantly at the handsome demon. "No one can get used to her, that mortal woman has no place in this palace."

"I highly doubt lord Banye even value your opinion, I advise you change your outlook on the mortal woman, she is your princess now."

Xian twisted a dark smile savoring the spite on Nikita eyes.

"Or would you prefer to be beneath our lord right now?" His eyes lifted to the ceiling where Banye's chamber is located.

Ying Yue's moans echoed luxuriously through the walls of the palace and with a demon's sense of hearing, they could picture every detail in their mind.

"Seems his grace is quite passionate with her tonight."

A hiss, Nikita slithered out of the table pulling another dagger on her hand. How quickly she climbed on the table and made her way to Xian.

Sharp blade pressed on his throat.

Nikita smiled wickedly hearing the stream of his blood rushed through his veins, working overtime. "I dare you imply that again. You think I envy the mortal? Don't be ridiculous. I  have nothing to be jealous over that woman."

"I don't think. I know. I'm well aware crave for his lord's affection."

"You dare think I'm beneath her?" Nikita pressed her dagger harder on his neck making Xian swallow a hard spit.

"No, but I know you'd prefer to be beneath our lord instead of her. Admit it, lord Banye has taste for mortal women."

"What about you?" She purred. "Would you care to be on top of me?"

A slow smile curled on the corner of his lips. Xian can be seductively handsome when he allows it.

"I care to occupy myself with task on hand, Lord Banye expects me to be his right hand. I don't have time to waste on lust." He pushed Nikita's dagger away, a trickle of blood oozed out of his sliced skin that's quickly healing. "Now, if you're that bored..." He glanced over to Wan who wore an enthused face seemingly entertained by Nikita and Xian's banter. "You can spar with Wan and leave me alone."

"Oh, I'll give you a good beating." Nikita's eyes glimmered silver metallic.

How many times had she practiced sparring with Wan and brought him down bloodied and panting? Many.

"Care to entertain me?"

"That's enough," came Banye's seductive voice, tendrils of black smoke swirls behind him.

He pulled his usual chair and joined his most elite guards for planning.

"We have more important things on our plate than get on each other's nerves."