The Master and the Familiar

Banye smiled darkly, eyes swirled into deep abyss as he stared into He Lian's dying eyes. He thought she's beautiful even as she fought for her life. She has a face that could captivate men and take them prison. He brushed his idle finger on her cheek and kissed her forehead.

"What do you want me to do, He Lian." He groaned.

She gasped, trying to find her voice.

Banye flicked his eyes to her killer, he remained invisible to her even now. "Should I let her end your life?"

A whimper exited out of He Lian's lips.

"I have a proposal," Banye purred. "There's something I want from you."

He Lian's eyes glittered. She'll do just about anything right now. Her thoughts poured into Wang Jian while she quivered helplessly on the floor losing all her blood.

"I want your soul, you see. I've been dying to have you ever since I first saw you as a little girl. I know you want to hang on to your life, I can see the spark of struggle you have. You think of that pathetic prince even now. I see how you want to spend the rest of your life with him and I could give you that. I could allow you to live the rest of your mortal life with him.

But that..." Banye pressed his hand into He Lian's chest, burying it inside. He clasped his hold on her soul. "Your soul I crave, and I'll do anything to have."

"A-anything...I want to live." He Lian managed in between her pants of last breaths. "T-take my soul if you must, but let me live."

His manipulative lips twisted into a devilish smile. "Good girl."

Banye pulled both sleeves of his robe and rolled them up to his elbows. He leaned over to release his magic. Wild energy poured out of him and spilled into He Lian. Pure and unfiltered magic worked his veins. Banye used his godly power to return the slipping life out of her as he tried to bring her back to life.

Her skin began to glow, Banye knew his power was working. The flesh that had been tore open from her murderer's knife slowly mended itself back together until the flesh completely stitched itself together and her wounds no longer exist.

He Lian's life came back to her, gasping as she sucked his untamed magic out of him. She began to feel better. Light as a feather, inhumanely light and strong. She barely felt her killer's strong arms around her anymore.

It is as though she became a stone, a marble, hard and impenetrable.

He Lian whipped her gaze over her shoulder and finally had a good look at her killer. She was right to suspect it would be princess Li. The only woman who would have a grudge against her.

She could kill her, He Lian thought. It wouldn't take but a flick of her fingers.

Banye groaned in front of her, his seductive voice reverberated inside her head. He Lian heard his voice in her mind. What are you waiting for? Kill her.

He Lian felt the tang of his magic swirled in her blood, and everything else got hot. His magic worked inside her flesh, her bones, her soul. It was a command, a blood command of a master to a servant and she had no choice but to follow.

He Lian twisted around, dangerous as a feral animal, she snatched princess Li by the neck and snapped it effortlessly.

Princess Li went limp on her hand. He Lian's fingers still wrapped around her neck when she dropped her lifeless body on the ground.

"Good girl." Banye purred. "You make your master proud."

*****

Don't forget to vote, thank you.