The Couple

Prince Jian held He Lian into his embrace, he kissed her lips tenderly. Her lips were tender against his, they were ample, fleshy and firm, but they were cold. Cold as death, cold as the demon who turned her.

The prince dismissed her recent changes, it doesn't matter to him how she appeared at all, but this is something he'll have to hide to his people. His father most importantly. The thought of his younger brother Jungjae invaded his mind, how he suffered his untimely death at the hands of Ying Yue.

Prince Jian kept the truth from his father, he never told him the real killer of his son. The southern emperor of Wang was not aware it was his former daughter in law who killed his youngest son, and not the dark prince of the underworld.

Prince Jian knew his father wouldn't had agreed to his marriage to He Lian if he knew Ying Yue was the one who killed his son. He would had declared a war on The House of Yi if anything to avenge Jungjae.

"We can't let anyone see her like this." Murmured Jian crestfallen. He released his young wife from his arms.

Lord Chua Chanshin walked deeper in the room. "We'll keep her hidden. It'll be just like what we did with Ying Yue. No one will ever know she's here."

Prince Jian looked at He Lian again. Her skin glistened like polished porcelain, her lips red as a golden apple. She took his breath away, but her eyes were something so menacing that prince Jian was unable to stare too deep or too long in her. "No, not like that. Not like what we did with Ying Yue. We'll leave the palace if we have to and settle to a smaller manor outside the walls."

"No, you can't do that. You're the crown prince, your people needs you."

"My wife needs me."

"It'll be dangerous, there're people still after your head, you cannot leave the walls of the palace."

"It'll be dangerous for He Lian to stay here."

"Tell me how did this happen?" Yuanji broke in after standing by the doorway for a long time in silence.

He soaked his little sister's appearance. He had heard of Ying Yue turning into a demon, and it had been a secret him and his parents kept. He had never seen Ying Yue as a demon and this is something new to him, something hard to swallow. He was forbidden by the leader of House of Yi , his father, to pursue Ying Yue's well being for she was no longer a member of their family, he was informed.

Ying Yue was someone erased and never talked about.

Yuanji can deal with Ying Yue being thrown out from the elegant House of Yi, but his baby sister? His little sister he practically raised himself and looked after for years was different. "Tell me how did she turned this way?"

"It's alright Yuanji." Murmured Chanshin gently as he placed his gentle arm on his lover. "She's still the same woman, only her appearance had changed."

"I highly doubt that."

Yuanji stepped into the room, lifting his hand as he felt his sister's skin. She was cold to his touch, like a dead body had risen and got reanimated.

The chill shot down his spine. Yuanji was distraught and he couldn't hide it from the prince, his sister, nor his lover. "We can't just leave her that way. We can't have my entire family turning into demons one by one." He snarled, "what does this Banye want from my family? Why is he collecting my sisters? Before we know it, he'll have Lin Lian turned into a demon as well. I don't think Jungjie would like that."

"I think he has a plan." Said prince Jian. "Banye doesn't do anything unless there's plenty to gain on his side. She's a pawn, and he'll use her as much as he can."

"We'll do what we can for now until we find a solution." Said prince Jian. "But right now, I think we all need to rest. I think we'd been through a lot the last couple months."

He whipped his glance over to his subject Lord Chanshin, then to the cadaver of princess Li that's rotting in the closet. "Send someone to clean this room right away. Burn her body. I'll transfer to another room with He Lian. The darkest room in the palace." He paused and gritted his teeth. "Summon a shaman to zeal the palace from Banye. Don't let that demon back here."

Lord Chanshin sighed, he knew it'd be futile. The last barrier put in place to ward Banye away didn't hold up against the demon for too long. He broke that barrier after a day or two. "Yes, your highness. I'll get someone over right away."