01 • Senior Year

Monday, August 10th

Monday, August 10th

My alarm went off.

Great that marks the end of my wonderful, yet boring summer.

I mean I love summer who doesn't, but the only people I hung out with that didn't include my mom was my neighbors kid.

He was fun to be around with, I guess. But he was 7.

On days I didn't have to babysit I just read at the park. Social media wasn't an option either. I lost the appeal and deleted my account. Plus I hate posting myself and it's not like I have friends to like the pictures I post.

"SARAMEA ANDERSON YOU BETTER BE UP WHEN I OPEN THIS DOOR!" I hear my moms footsteps nearing my door.

"Uhm I'm up mom don't wo-" Before I could finish my sentence the door is kicked opened.

What crime did I commit.

"Liar." She walks up to me and pulls my leg and I fall off my bed.

"OWW. ARE YOU TRYING TO BREAK MY BACK?!"

She bends down and kisses my forehead.

"Breakfast is ready for you downstairs, have fun at school with your friends, and don't be a bully." She smiles and stands back up.

Right. She still thinks I have friends.

"Mom it's my senior year I'm not a little girl anymore I can make my own breakfast." I stand my rubbing my lower back.

"You're still a little girl in my eyes." She tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and gives me a tight hug.

She smells like a hospital.

"Bye mom have fun at work." I return the hug.

"One more thing, your dad is returning from his work trip today."

Great.

We break from the hug and she walks out of my room.

I look at my watch.

6:26am

I still got plenty of time.

....

I lied I don't have time.

8:18 am

School starts at 8:30 and it's a fifth teen minute walk from my house.

If only I hadn't pretended I was having a concert in the shower then none of this would've happened. My mom should've hid the speaker away from me.

Also eating and running at the same time isn't a great combo. I feel like I'm going to puke.

I look at my watch.

8:24am

I see the tallest building of the school. That's how I know I'm close.

I start to slow down once I see him... and his friends. Miles, Weston, Jason, and Aiden. Aiden, I hate him.

The reason my life became a living hell and why school as become such an unbearable experience.

I slow down my steps to walking I'm near the school gates anyway, and I'd rather be late then bump into all of them alone.

Frankly I'm scared of them, but Weston is too quiet and his height is scary tall. Miles he's just too busy on talking to girls to pay any attention to bully me. And Jason... I don't know much about him I guess you'll say he's strange. And Aiden, son of the devil is the perfect explanation.

Pretty face horrible person.

I hate to admit this but me and all of them use to be "the best of friends" at some point, I mean all kids are until we start to try to fit in and totally ditch all your old friends. Expect Jason be came out freshman year.

We live in a small town and in total there's only 3 school in total elementary, middle, and high school. So it's not a surprise I know them.

But out of all of them Aiden was what you'll say my partner in crime before he changed. I'm not sure what happened, but all of a sudden he became evil in the 8th grade. He moved out of my neighborhood around that time too. I kept asking my mom what happened but she just told me he was upset for moving homes. I still don't believe her, but whatever it is it's not my problem.

I look at my watch.

8:31am

Great. I'm late on my first day of senior year. What a great way to begin this painful school year.

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈•゚。

I a don't have a title for this book yet for now it's called Again?, which doesn't really match what I'm going for but I'm going to brainstorm some ideas.

Thanks for reading!! 💗💗

Love, Ara ⭐️

2/15/22

Unedited