23

Prince Blaze's playroom, The Royal Palace of Solaria

Third Person's POV (through young Prince Blaze's filter)

The crowd let out involuntary gasps of "oohh"s and "ahh"s as they watched the intense battle unfold before their very eyes. Their dashing, handsome prince valiantly faced their foe, upholding his vow to protect his people, his kingdom, until his dying breath. His beautiful mother overlooked the scene with fearful tears in her eyes, clutching her lace handkerchief to her chest, while his father stood tall, eyes full of pride. 

Prince Blaze delivered yet another crucial blow to his opponent, and the beast roared in agony. With a final slash of his mighty sword, the monster fell to the ground, and the people cheered!

 "Prince Blaze, our hero!"

"He's so awesome!"

"So dreadfully handsome,  just like Brandon!"

"The next second sun of Solaria shall rise like - yes, honey?"

(and Prince Blaze's imagination time has been interrupted)

"Daddddd!" the soon-to-be three-year-old prince groaned. "No disturbing Mommy and I's playtime! You'll have your turn!" In his honest opinion though, his mom was so much better than his dad was at being the adoring crowd.

"Sorry kiddo," Brandon ruffled his son's hair fondly as he stepped into the room. He located his gorgeous wife sitting amongst his son's stuffed toy pile, situated around a small, slightly elevated platform where Blaze stood holding his toy sword, and his largest stuffed animal, a dragon, lay on the ground, clearly having been defeated by the young prince. He strode across the room and ruffled his wife's hair as she looked up at him with a bright smile that made his heart full. 

"Bloom's here," he informed her, grinning as her face lit up. "She's staying until lunch then leaving Skylar here to hang out with Blaze while she heads to Domino to discuss matters with Daphne."

"YAY," The crown Princess shot up with incredible speed, gathered her skirt, and disappeared through the door, dropping the lace handkerchief prop in her haste, which landed precisely... on her son's face.

"Mom? Who turned off the lights?" Prince Blaze reached out both hands, trying to reach for his mom, and smiled up gratefully at his dad when he freed him from that blasted, white cloth that had the ability to cloud light. Young Prince Blaze Solaria mimicked his dad's hairstyle to the T and looked up to his dad immensely. Brandon was his hero, and they shared the same mission - to take care of the woman they loved more than anything, to protect her and her happiness each and every day.  

Blaze inherited Stella's glittering topaz eyes, and Brandon would never cease to be marveled at how his son was a perfect combination of them both, and how he adored the kid. Brandon reached down and hoisted him onto his shoulder. "Your Aunt Bloom is here - and she's brought her daughter, Princess Skylar of Eraklyon," he told his son as they left the room.

Blaze knew about Aunt Bloom, his mom's best friend. Blaze also knew that his dad used to be the royal squire to the crown Prince of Eraklyon and that they were best friends growing up. 

"Skylar's a few months younger than you, and she's new, okay? She's been living on Earth since she was born, and she only just came back. Can I trust you to be her faithful companion and look after the little girl?" 

Blaze listened intently as he perched on his dad's shoulder and he perked up at his dad's request. "Mission accepted, commander!"

The father-son duo fist-bumped, and chorused, "to protect and to serve!" 

Blaze reminded his dad, as he always did, "Mommy says you're her knight and only hers," and as his dad hummed in agreement and then bit his lip in thought.

"Since my mission is to be Princess Skylar's faithful companion, does that mean she's my princess and I'm her knight, like you and Mommy?"

Brandon blinked in surprise, and then he laughed, "Well wouldn't that be nice- Sky! Hey! I didn't see you there..." his tone turned sheepish as he met the stern gaze of his brother in all but blood. Sky leaned against the wall of the corridor they just turned into, and in his arms was Princess Skylar, eyes wide and staring curiously at Prince Blaze, who returned her gaze. 

Brandon put his son down and Skylar wriggled excitedly in her father's arms, letting him know that she wanted to get down and play. Sky placed her down gently and as the kids proceeded to have some kind of staring match he crossed his arms and frowned at his best friend. "No. Don't you dare."

"Why, I haven't the slightest idea what you could possibly be implying," Brandon slowly backed away, as Sky slowly stepped towards him, matching his steps. 

"AnywaysIgottagobye-" and he ran off, with Sky close behind, leaving the two children to bond, because the corridors were lined with armed soldiers anyway. 

TBC

A/N: Brief chapter because I wanted to introduce Blaze! Skylar's new best friend~ And I received and read all of your replies to my last  A/N chapter, thank you so much for all your support! Have a good night everyone <3 (It's just past midnight in my area, I should be asleep already, oops.)

Love, 

Melissa