Reunion (2)

On the way back to Domino...
Bloom's POV

Me and Sky were on the way back to my home planet, and both of us were flying the Red Fountain plane. From the goofy grin that Sky had since we boarded, it was evident that he was excited. Super excited, from the looks of it.

'So...how have you been for these two years?' I asked, curiously.

'Miserable without you,' Sky gave me a small smile that shot my heart with guilt. 'Me and the others have been teaching at Red Fountain, but I've been doing it only as a part time job because of my duties as crown prince. Stella, Tecna, Flora, Musa and Aisha have temporarily stopped teaching, focusing on their responsibilities as princesses and guardian fairies. Brandon has moved to the royal palace of Solaria, raising Blaze with Stella as an engaged couple. You?'

'Well, as you already know, I've been living in an apartment with Skylar in California. I've been going by the name of Adele Sparks, and Skylar has been going to daycare for a while now. Sometimes when I have to go without notice for work, my neighbour, Mrs Lila babysits Skylar. I have a job as a detective for the police force in California,' I told Sky.

'Wow, that's great!' Sky was silent for a while. 'I wish I could've been there for you. It must have been really hard.'

It was. It wasn't easy finding a job when you have no experience and taking care of a baby on your own, as a single mother was no walk in the park. 'It was difficult,' I confessed. 'I had to take care of Skylar, who was just born, and I had to find a job. Not many people would hire someone with no experience, and it wasn't easy to earn the respect of the other members of the force,' I choked back the tears that filled my eyes when I remembered all the hardships I had gone through. Then, I remembered, the friends I had made there, and the help they had given me when I needed it the most, and smiled. 'But even there, I was fortunate enough to meet people willing to help me, like Mrs Lila and Superintendent Trottevile. He helped me a lot and now we're really good friends. However, I had to keep going-for Skylar.'

Sky held me close and buried his face in my hair. 'I'm so, so sorry Bloom. It's all my fault that you had to face it all on your own. I should have been there for you and Skylar. I'm sorry.' He said, his voice cracked.

I was stunned. Then I shook my head gently and smiled. 'It's okay, Sky. I don't blame you. What matters is we're back together now, and we can raise our little angel together. You,me and our precious daughter makes three. We're a family, and no distance can keep us apart cause our hearts will always be one. I love you, Sky.'

Sky, instead of renouncing his undying love for his fiancée, couldn't suppress the strong emotions he was currently feeling, and so he just pressed his lips to the lips of the fairy in his arms, pouring his love as well as anyone possibly could into the kiss.

After landing in the palace gardens of the Royal Palace of Domino...

'Where is she?' Sky asked, after an unfruitful search for Daphne. We were looking for her since she, being Skylar's aunt, surely knew where our daughter was. Even though it hasn't even been 24 hours since they last met, Daphne was already attached to her young niece. I can prove that fact quite simply, with the picture of the enormous, sky blue teddy bear that was a present from her to Skylar. It was basically a larger version of her favourite teddy bear. Sigh. I can't believe that she's spoiling her already.

'I'll spoil her even more, so you'd better be prepared, Bloom,' Sky declared, after seeing the picture Daphne sent me. 'My little princess deserves only the best.'

Oh boy.

'I have no idea. Let's try the library. It is her favourite place to be, after all.'

My elder sister, being the teacher of magic history, loves reading. Books were her life, no exaggeration. She could read anything from the thickest, most ancient book about magic history to the back of a cereal box. Daphne was the definition of a bookworm (A/N: Just like author-chan!) , but it made her, well, her. She was special in her own way-and I'm certain my brother-in-law would agree. And if not-well, I won't even think about it-he'd better if he values his life!