I can't stay

88 River Street

Bloom's POV

I knocked on the door three times. Almost immediately, the door opened. 

'Right on time Detective Adele, as usual. Thank you for coming.'  the officer who had opened the door for me gave me a slight bow.

'Glad to help, Officer Jones.' I replied with a small smile and a curt nod. All the members of the police force both knew and respected me for the cases I had solved. Of course, it was a piece of cake compared to the things I had to deal with the Winx and Specialists. *sigh* I miss them... Anyway, I was more than happy to be able to help the citizens of California.

The moment I entered the living room, I knew something was out of place. Something was terribly wrong. I felt an aura I had not felt in a long time. Dark Magic. 

'Detective Adele.' a man wearing a smart uniform greeted me. It was my good friend, Superintendent Trotteville. 

'Great to see you, Superintendent.' I replied. 'How did this case happen?'

'The victim, a girl of eighteen named Melanie Brown was kidnapped. We received this case not long ago.'

'Who reported the case?'

' A visiting friend by the name of Chloe Summers.'

'Any clues to who the culprit might be?'

'None.'

'Hmm..' I took my magnifying glass from my black handbag and started to search for clues. 

'Aha!' I exclaimed as I pounced upon a clue.

I gasped when I saw what it was. It was a black miniature cube. Others could'nt see it, but the cube radiated with negative energy.

'What is it?' the Superintendent asked.

'I'm not sure.' I lied. 'Can I keep it? You know just so I can check it for clues.'

'Of course.'

Two hours later...( At Bloom/Adele's House)

'Goodnight, Sweetheart.' I said as I planted a kiss on Skylar's forehead. My mind drifted to the voice message I heard from the cube...

FLASHBACK

'I know who you are. This is a warning: " Do not pursue this case, Detective Adele. Or should I say--- Princess Bloom of Domino? You wouldn't want to see those dearest to you hurt,I am sure? If you pursue this case, you will be putting both yourself AND the ones you love and care for in danger.'

END OF FLASHBACK

For a moment I debated whether or not to return to Magix for help. Sky.. no, I can't face him. My heart aches for him...but what will he say? No, I can't go back.

'Mummy? MUMMY!'

'Wait, what?'

'You were daydreaming AGAIN!'

'Sorry, honey.'

'Is it about Daddy?'

I nodded.

'Don't worry Mummy. You will always have me!'

I smiled. She was such a comfort to me. 'Thanks, Skylar.'

'Mummy, can you sing a lullaby for me?'

'Of course, Skylar.'

As I sang, the memories I've had with Sky came floating into my mind. Tears came into my eyes, unseen by Skylar and rolled down my cheek. I miss Sky so much... It was then I realized I still loved Sky so much...

( See song above)

END OF SONG

I quietly tiptoed out of Skylar's room. I sighed. As much as I wanted to, I could not bring myself to return... I don't know if it was because I cannot forgive Sky for his words, or that I can't bring myself to face him and the others.

I entered my room and stared at my old phone from Magix. I had not used it for two years. I picked it up, sighed, and put it down again. I could not bring myself to do it, I just couldn't.

Suddenly, I heard a voice speak to me. I could feel dark energy.

'So, have you decided, Princess?'

'Who are you? Show yourself!'

'Easy, the evil genius that kidnapped Melanie Brown.'

'Well, if you think I am going to just sit back and watch you terrorize the citizens of California when I have the power to stop all this, you are so wrong!'

'Well, can't say I didn't warn you!'

The evil presence disappeared as suddenly as it came.

Suddenly, there was a scream. 'Skylar!' I thought. Panicking, I ran to Skylar's room to find her shivering with fear in a corner.

'Mummy, there... there w-w-was a-a scary b-black t-thing in m-my room j-j-just now!' she sobbed.

I gave her a big hug. 'It's okay, Skylar. It's gone. Everything is fine.' I soothed her. It pained me to see my darling daughter, whom I love so much, afraid. She was a strong girl and was not frightened easily. Just like me. But now, I was terrified. The thought that that monster nearly harmed my beloved child was too much to bear.

That moment, I made my decision. I could not stay. My daughter was unprotected here, making her an easy target. I was the only one who could protect her here. In Magix, my best friends could help me protect her. She would be safer in Domino or in Alfea.

For my daughter, I can't stay. I've got to go back.

A/N: Wow, 852 words! That sure took me a long time to write. So, what do you think? Please comment!'