Cole Point of View

When I hit the ice, I looked around to see where I was laying. The same spot I fell before. The spot in the ice where a dent was made from the weight dropped onto it. I started to sit up feeling my heart rate speeding up. I started to freak out.

I fell...

I felt the cold water on my skin, it felt like a billion needles trying to find their way into my skin. I could hear a slight sound of my friends yelling. I tightly closed my mouth, holding my breath. I tried to swim up but the current pulled me away. I started to panic. I could feel my muscles getting tired and stressed as I tried to fight the current and pain.

I could feel my chest get tight forcing me to inhale. My body couldn't stand it anymore.

As I inhaled the water, I tried to cough which led to involuntary swallowing more water. I could feel the pain of my lungs and stomach filling with water. The tearing and burning in my lungs caused me to try to scream out. I could feel my muscles tense up from the frigid water. My body began to sink. My heart slowed down as I felt my eyes get heavy forcing themselves to close. I let out a breath feeling the bubbles across my face as my body sunk closer to the river bed. My body then felt relaxed as I let out my last breath.