4

Diego's pov

"Shhh you'll wake them." I heard someone whisper.

"No, don't put the flash on!" Another person whispered. I slowly opened my eyes to see Ralph and Alex with their phones out, taking pictures of me and Rose.

"What the fuck guys? You're gonna wake her." I whispered.

"Sorry but you look so cute!" Alex laughed.

"We'll send you the photos!" They both ran out of the room.

I looked back over at Rose who was just waking up. Her eyes fluttered open, revealing a deep blue colour.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Hey." She whispered.

"Stay here." I quickly got up. I walked downstairs and put the coffee machine on then checked my phone. I got a photo from Alex of corse. I opened it and couldn't help but smile, it was me and Rose cuddling.

The photo:

I took a screenshot then poured the coffee into a mug and brought it upstairs. I walked into Roses room and handed her the coffee.

"For the hangover." I smiled.

"Thank you." She took a sip. I looked down at my watch and saw the time. 10am? Shit.

"Fuck, I've got to go, I'll see you later." I ran downstairs to see James waiting at the door.

"What took so long?" He asked.

"Oh uh Rose asked for a coffee." I lied.

"You're her bodyguard, not her maid." He said bluntly. "Now come on, we have to go." He added. I looked outside and saw a black SUV.

We were doing a raid today and I was fucking petrified, I'm not sure why but it was just a gut feeling.

Roses pov

I heard the front door close as I got out of bed, my head was pounding from last night but the coffee made it a bit better.

I changed into a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms. I then walked downstairs, still drinking my coffee and saw Alex and Ralph watching tv.

"Where's Diego?" I asked as I sat down next to Alex.

"Him and your dad are going on a raid today." Ralph told me.

"What? Is it dangerous." I widened my eyes.

"Well they're always dangerous but stuff rarely goes wrong." Alex reassured me.

"How's your hangover?" Ralph tried to change the subject.

"Horrible, how don't you guys have one?" I asked. "We've been drinking for a long time." Alex laughed.

"Have you checked your phone? We took so many photos last night." He chuckled. I pulled my phone out and looked at my camera roll.

"Oh shit." I laughed.

"Trust me last night was the best!" Alex smiled. "Do you remember Claudia coming here?" Ralph asked.

"Uh yeah she slapped me?" I looked through more photos.

"She came here again asking you to apologise then she pulled a tiny gun on you but Diego got all protective and almost shot her so she left." Ralph laughed, so did me and Alex.

Later on that day I got a message from James. Rose, come to the hospital. There's a car outside, bring Alex and Ralph. I read, fuck .

"Alex! Ralph! We're going to the hospital." I yelled to them from the hallway as I put on my shoes. They both ran over.

"What? Why?" They asked.

"James texted me. Put your shoes on and get in the car." I told them as I walked outside, they both followed me. We all sat in the back on the car, Alex squashed in the middle. My leg started shaking as I bit my nail, hoping nothing too bad had happened.

I felt Alex put his hand on my leg so it'd stay still.

I stayed silent until we got to the hospital. I quickly got out of the car and went into the waiting room. I looked around and saw James, I was happy he wasn't hurt but that meant Diego was.

"Is he okay?" I asked James.

"He got shot in the arm, it missed the bone but he's in surgery." He told me.

I sat down and we waited for hours. Alex and Ralph had offered me food but I turned it down, I was worried. After a while a doctor came into the waiting room.

"Sid Jennings?" She asked.

"Yep that's me." James told her.

Fake name.

"Diego's okay but has to wear a cast for a while until his arm heals. You're allowed to see him now." She smiled.

Me, Alex and Ralph quickly walked to his room, James slowly following behind us. I saw him laying there, but he wasn't in pain. He was smiling.

"Why are you so happy? You got shot." Alex laughed.

"We fucking killed them!" Diego yelled in triumph.

I tried to hold a laugh but failed causing James to look at me.

"What?" I shrugged my shoulders and turned back to Diego. "Is he still gonna be my bodyguard? You know since he can't use his arm." I giggled.

"Yes, he'll be out of here today and will be using a gun tomorrow." James stated.

"But the doctor said I have to stay here for a few days" Diego told him.

"I don't care, the nurses will let you out as soon as I say my name." James walked out of the room. I walked closer and placed my hand on Diego's right hand, the one that wasn't in a cast.

"I'm sorry he's making you leave today." I smiled.

"As long as I'm keeping you safe I'm okay with it." He looked up at me. I caught Ralph trying to take a photo.

"Don't even think about it." He put his phone away with a fake frown on his face but Alex didn't look sarcastic or smug like he usually does, he looked jealous. I tried to think nothing of it and kept my focus on Diego.

"We're leaving." James walked back into the room.

"Can I talk to you?" I grabbed his arm and pulled him out of the room.

"He's putting on a brave face but he just had a bullet removed from his arm and is definitely sedated or something. We can't make him leave now." I told him.

"He's your bodyguard, he's leaving now." James walked back into the room to Diego getting changed out of his hospital gown, his trousers were on but him, Alex and Ralph were all trying to get his shirt on around his cast. My eyes were drawn to his abs, they were perfectly toned but they finally got the shirt on, breaking my train of thoughts.

On the way home, James sat in the front of the car with the driver, me and the others in the back, Diego one side of me and Alex on the other then Ralph opposite him.

Diego placed his hand on my thigh as I rested my head on his. I saw Alex looking at us with jealousy plastered on his face. I just payed attention to Diego again even though I could feel Alex's eyes on me.

When we finally got home I could see Diego was still in pain when he walked inside since Juno ran up to him and he went down to stroke him but couldn't.

"Hey, be careful." I walked beside him. He sighed and faced me.

"If I can't stroke a dog, how the hell am I supposed to protect you."

"Come with me." I walked upstairs, him following. We walked into his room. "Lay down." I told him so he did with a little struggle. "You're supposed to be on bed rest for two more days so for once I'll look after you." I smiled and placed a blanket over him.

"I'm still sorry about my dad, he needs to be easier on you."

Word count: 1289