16

Diego's pov:

The next morning I woke up, Rose was sat at her vanity table with no makeup on, her hair in a messy bun and she was still in pyjamas but she looked so beautiful. She didn't know I was awake yet, I just watched her. She started putting on what I think was moisturiser the once that was rubbed in she put on foundation, blended it then put concealer on. She did everything with so much care. She then applied bronzer and highlighter, blending everything after. She then put on some eyeshadow and eyeliner and fake lashes. After everything was done she put on some matte lipstick then straightened her hair. Everything she did fascinated me.

When she was done she turned over to me, noticing I was awake. "Good morning handsome." She walked over to me and kissed my cheek. "Good morning, what time is it?" I asked. "7am." She smiled. "That early?" I groaned. "Yeah well I woke up to Lorenzo crying at 6, I don't know how you slept through it." She laughed slightly. And almost on que Lorenzo started crying again. "I'm not doing it." Rose sat down next to me on the bed. I stood up and got Lorenzo out of his crib then gave him a hug. "What's wrong little man?" I said in a baby voice.

I held him so his chin was rested on my shoulder and I was holding his back and legs. "Does someone just need a hug?" I patted him in the head lightly. After a few seconds he stopped crying and giggled. I looked over at Rose who was shocked I got him to calm down. "Did we ever get him a stroller?" She asked. "I don't think he goes out enough." She added. "I'm pretty sure James had one a while ago I'll try and find it." I handed her the baby and walked to James's office.

Roses pov:

James walked off somewhere so I propped my knees up and put Lorenzo so his back was on my knees and feet on my stomach then tickled his chin so he'd laugh.

A few minutes later I walked downstairs, still in my pyjamas and saw Diego and James badly attempting to unfold the stroller. I patted James on the shoulder and handed him Lorenzo then actually unfolded the stroller properly. "We got it ready for you." James joked. I smiled at him and put Lorenzo in the stroller then strapped him in. "You guys going on a walk?" James asked. "Yeah, Lorenzo hasn't been getting nearly enough fresh air." I played with Lorenzo's hands.

"Can I talk to you, Diego first." James put on a serious face. "Oh of course." They both walked to James's office.

Diego's pov:

I nervously walked to James's office and sat down opposite him. "You and my daughter have been very close." James began. "But not bodyguard close, you've been close, close." He looked at me.

"Well, we've become good friends." I fixed my posture. "I've seen you guys with Lorenzo acting like...parents to him. You've been acting like a couple." He crossed his arms. "What? I'm sorry if you got that impression but you ordered me to not do anything with your daughter." I lied.

"What if I told you that I would let you date her?" He asked me. "I'm not sure, I don't think she even likes me like that." I held off a smile. "Do you guys have any future plans, together?" James raised an eyebrow. "We were thinking of going to my cabin next month, she's feeling a bit scared in the house since there's been two break-ins." I explained. "Two?" James uncrossed his arms and sat up. "Yeah, last night? Some blonde guys broke in looking for stuff, he didn't get anything and was really scared." I told him.

"I think it's a good idea for you guys to go to that cabin." James sighed. "We wanted to wait until next month on one of the weekends." I hoped he'd allow it that far in the future. "Okay, just keep a close eye on her until then and no funny business, the dating thing was hypothetical." James told me. "You're excused." I quickly stood up and left.

Rose was waiting by the stroller. I walked over to her and smiled. "Where should we take him?" She asked. "What about that café you like?" I suggested. "Sure, how long's the walk?" She looked up at me. "20 minutes probably." I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a full baby bottle from the fridge.

We both walked to the door, I grabbed my keys and we left. The driveway alone was about a 5 minute walk but we made it to the town after another 5 minutes. "You dad got suspicious of us, he thought we were dating and I had to lie." I broke the silence. "Shit, did you say anything about the cabin?. Rose asked. "Yeah, I made something up and he said it would be great if we went." I smiled to myself.

We were walking past a group of men but I froze when I heard one yell. "bonjour femme sexy" (hello sexy lady) "stay here." I kissed rose on the cheek and walked up to the man that said that. "écoute mon pote tu voudras peut-être reculer ma copine avant que je ne brise tous les os de ton corps un par un." (look buddy, you might want to back the fuck off of my girlfriend before i break every bone in your body one by one) I clenched my fist. "pardon pardon." (Sorry, sorry) the man and his friends quickly walked off.

I walked back over to Rose and smiled. "How many languages do you speak?" He giggled and out her hands back on Lorenzo's stroller as we started walked again. "7 I think." I smiled we both walked to the café, Rose sat down with Lorenzo at our table and I went to the counter. "One latte, one expresso and two chocolate chip cookies please." I handed the lady a €20 note and walked over to Rose. "How about we give this little guy some cookie?" I tickled Lorenzo's chin, making him laugh. "He's certainly got a few teeth ready." I added as our food and coffee got placed in front of us. "Thank you." Rose smiled up at the lady.

I broke off a small bit of cookie and put it in front of Lorenzo's mouth. He reached out for the calls and took it from me then put it in his mouth. "Aww." Rose took a sip of her coffee. "I can't wait till next month." I gave Lorenzo another bit of cookie. "Me too." Rose held my hand from across the table. "Are you gonna be okay away from Lorenzo?" I squeezed her hand lightly. "It's only a weekend, it's not like the worlds gonna end." She smiled.

We both finished our drinks and began walking home. I was pushing Lorenzo's stroller this time. Rose was doing something on her phone but I wasn't paying much attention to that, my attention was drawn to a man in a black suit a few feet away from us. He was there ever since we walked out of the café. "I think we're being followed." I whispered to Rose. She looked up at me, concerned. "Don't worry, I don't think he's a threat. Your father might've sent him to keep an eye on us, to make sure we aren't...dating." Whist I said that I added it up. It was 100% James, no one in paris was wearing a suit, it was a warm day and the man had a small pin on his collar. 'M.R' the pin read. 'Mr Russo' I sighed in frustration, he didn't trust me, not one bit, meaning he'd probably send someone to follow us to the cabin.

"Yep, James sent him. We won't be able to go to the cabin unless we get James to trust us." I rubbed my forehead with one hand. "Well then, I'll talk to him and explain nothing is going on. I'll use my charm for him to back off then tomorrow we go out and make sure we're not followed." A smile appeared on roses face. I didn't know how she'd make James trust us but I was hoping she had a good plan.

We soon arrived back at the house, the man followed us to the beginning of the driveway then cut off somewhere. Rose walked ahead of me and barged straight into James's office without knocking and slammed the door behind herself.

Roses pov:

"Seriously?" I sat down on a chair. James jumped and fixed his posture. "Rose! How dare you come in here without permission!" James glared at me. "How dare you send a man to follow me and Diego because you don't trust your own daughter and her BODYGUARD!" I raised my voice. "I sent that man because something is clearly going on with you and Diego!" James yelled back at me. "Why do you care that much? Nothing is going on, Diego told you that!" I rolled my eyes. "I don't believe him, you guys have something going on and if it continues I'll have to fire him!" James slouched back in his chair.

"Fine dad, I'll tell you the truth if you want to know it." I lowered my voice. "Dad?" James face lit up. I ignored him and carried on. "I love Diego, he takes perfect care of me." I instantly regretted what I said. "Love? You're 18! You don't know what love is!" James got angrier. "You met mom when you guys were 19, you're telling me that wasn't love?" I raised an eyebrow. James stayed silent for a second then stood up. "I won't allow it, Diego is no longer your bodyguard or your boyfriend, you two aren't allowed to see each other from this moment on, he's going to be gone by tomorrow." James's words echoed in my head, tears formed in my eyes and quickly streamed down my face.

I couldn't lose him, not again.

————

Word count! 1703

Shit.