10

Two months had passed, Diego was still AWOL. Alex and I hadn't said one word to each other since what happened, James was angry at him because he yelled at me but he was still in the house since he had no where else to go. Today was the day of the ball. I was more than nervous. James had mentioned the Russians will be there and even though they won't do anything, they're the same people that came into the cafe with guns to find me and possibly the people that sent that creepy man to my house that I killed.

It was around 4pm, the ball started at 7pm but the car ride was an hour so I had to be ready by 6pm. Anita came over a few minutes ago to get ready with me. "Omg I love your dress!" I squealed. "You're gonna look amazing in yours!" She smiled.

We both got dressed, her dress was white, my was black and when I tell you we looked hot I mean it.

The dresses (imagine your own if you want)

We then got our makeup done by a professional that James had hired

We then got our makeup done by a professional that James had hired. Another woman came into my room to do our hair and boy was she skilled. Anitas hair was blonde, mine black. We were dressed as complete opposites but in a good way.

The hair (imagine your own if you want)

It was 5:50 by now. I grabbed my black purse, Anita grabbed her white one and we both walked downstairs to James, Ralph, Alex and Lucia. We both smiled and stepped off the last stair. "You girls look beautiful." Lucia smiled and hugged us both. "We should get going." James walked to the front door, we all followed and somehow I ended up with Alex next to me. I walked to the limo and got in the back, Anita next to me. Even James was in the back. We all drank some wine on the way there and listened to music.

Once we arrived and all got out of the limo we were at a castle looking place, twice the size of James's house. "Holy fuck." I smiled. When we all got inside there were at least 1000 people there. I walked over to the first place that caught my eye, the table of drinks. I grabbed a few vodka shots but before I could take one a man walked up to me. "Hello, you must be Rose." He smiled at me. "Yeah, who are you?" I took one of the shots. "James told me about you, I'm Ethan." He put his hand out for me to shake. "Nice to meet you." I shook it. "Why have I never heard of you?" I asked. "I just got back from a mission." He grabbed a shot. "Oh, cool. What mafia are you in?" I took another shot. "Same as you." He looked over at James. "I should get going but can I have your number?" He asked. I wrote it down on his hand. "I'll text you." He walked off.

Around an hour had passed, me and Anita were dancing together like weirdos. "I'm gonna step outside, it's boiling in here." I smiled. "Be quick." She let go of me. I walked to the door and got hit by the cold outside weather. I sat on one of the steps and smoked a cigarette until I saw a man around 6ft in a suit walking close to the door. I looked up at his face to see cuts and bruises but that didn't bother me. I ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug. "Diego, is it really you?" I asked.

"Oh my god, Rose. You've changed." He hugged me back. "I've missed you so fucking much." I started tearing up, knowing it would ruin my makeup. "I'm sorry I left." He sighed. I slowly pulled away and stared into his eyes. He leaned down and kissed me. This felt like the single best moment in my life. I kissed him back for around a minute until we both pulled away.

"How are you here? We thought you were dead." I asked. "The Russians found out what I was doing and locked me up, torturing  me most days." He looked at me. "I'm so sorry." I cupped his face. "We gonna go inside or what?" He smiled. I wrapped my arm around his and we both walked inside causing everyone to stare at us. Whispers erupted in the room until Ralph ran up and hugged him. "I'm back!" Diego yelled when he pulled away. Everyone cheered and clapped. Alex walked up to him after everyone started talking and dancing again. "I missed you dude but there's something I need to tell you." He said. "Sure, anything." Diego smiled. "Me and Rose had a thing whilst you were gone." He looked at me. Diego didn't say anything. "It was a rebound, Diego." I stated. "I'm not mad at you, Rose." He held my hand and glared at Alex. Before he could say anything Diego pulled me over to the dance floor. We started slow dancing like many others.

"I'm horrible at dancing." I whispered to him. "Me too." He whispered back. "Two negatives make a positive I guess." I laughed slightly. Our dancing was horrible but it didn't matter because we were doing it together.

After a few hours we were all drunk and the party was dying down. "Cmon, let's get going home." James walked over to me and Diego. "Who's coming with us?" I asked. "You two, Ralph and Alex." He started walking as we followed. "Anita and the rest are going to their houses." We'd reached the limo. I sat down with Diego next to me. He put his hand on my leg. The car ride was boring this time, music was still on but we were all tired, I rested my head on Diego's shoulder and soon fell asleep.

Diego's pov:

James looked at Rose asleep on me but rolled his eyes and looked away. I kissed her on the head and noticed Alex staring. "Got a problem?" I asked him. "Huh? No." He looked away quickly. "What did they do to you?" Ralph looked at me. "They found out I was undercover and locked me up in a shitty cell in their basement, they toured me most days but at least the food was good and often. I managed to escape and get a flight back here." I explained.

When we got home and I woke up Rose we all walked inside. "Your bed is made by the way." Alex told me. "Speaking of beds I'm tired, goodnight guys." Rose yawned and walked upstairs. "I'm gonna go to bed too, I've missed my room." I smiled and also walked upstairs.

I opened my door and changed into some grey tracksuit bottoms and a shirt then laid under the covers. When I was about to shut my eyes I heard my door open. "What?" I mumbled not realising who it was. They didn't say anything, just closed the door and laid down next to me. It was Rose. Neither of us talked, we just hugged until we fell asleep.

Word count: 1212
(Not spell checked yet)