6

Roses pov

He'd left me and I had no idea when he was coming back.

A few days had passed of me laying in bed, only getting up for the toilet and to get more chocolate. I told James I was on my period since I didn't want him to know about my feelings for Diego.

I didn't love him. It was way to early for that but I liked his company and it was a bit lonely without him. This mixed with the loss of my mother was all mixing together as I hadn't grieved for her.

After one more day of loaning around in bed I finally got the courage to get up.

I walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower, got in and cleaned myself.

After 20 minutes I finally got out and dried myself, I didn't bother with makeup and put on one of Diego's hoodies I stole with some jogger bottoms then walked downstairs.

I saw Alex and Ralph sitting on the couch so I walked over to them and sat down next to Alex.

They both looked at me in shock.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ralph asked, I nodded in response but partly laid down in a ball, resting my legs near Alex.

I felt him place his hand on my leg but I was watching the tv. Ralph offered me food multiple times but I said no.

I'd noticed how much weight I gained in three days since I was only eating sugary foods.

After a while I went outside to the garden for a walk, Juno ran up to me.

I hadn't seen him in days. I stroked him for a while then he followed me on my walk.

After an hour of doing laps of the garden I felt myself get dizzy, I hadn't eaten all day. I didn't think much of it and continued walking until I felt lightheaded.

Juno could tell something was wrong and jumped up at me so I'd stop.

"Fine." I sighed and stood still, rubbing my head but before I could take another step I fell over and everything just went black.

Alex's pov

I was still sat on the couch, Ralph went to a park close to here for some reason.

I heard Juno barking outside and got up to see him. I walked out the back door and saw Rose laying on the ground, I instantly ran over to her and checked for a pulse.

Luckily she had one so I picked her up and ran inside.

"James!" I yelled, he was in his office and I knew not to interrupt him but I had to. I placed Rose down on the couch and burst into James' office.

"Something happened to Rose!" I shouted before he could get a word in. He quickly got up and ran to the front room.

"What happened?" He asked. "I don't know, she was passed out in the garden. I don't think she's eaten today." I told him.

"What do we do?" He calmed his tone.

"I'm not sure." I stared at her.

"Fucking googled it!" James yelled again.

I quickly pulled out my phone and typed quickly.

"Uh it says to lay her down on her back." I said.

"Done, next?" James noted.

"Elevate her legs to her heart level?" I spoke with confusion then turned my phone off. We stacked pillows so her legs were at her heart level.

"What now?" James asked.

"Not sure, leave her to wake up?" I guessed.

"I'll be in my office, if anything happens, even her moving slightly, come and get me without hesitation." He told me, closing his office door.

I quickly went to the kitchen and made some waffles and a cup of tea for when she woke up then walked back over to her as she was moving around a bit.

I placed the stuff down and walked into James's office.

"I think she's waking up." I barely looked at him but saw him get up, out of the corner of my eye.

We both walked over to her, she was opening her eyes.

"Hey." James whispered. "Are you okay?" He bent down next to her. She just nodded her head and gestured to the waffles. I quickly gave them to her and she ate them instantly. Why was she so calm?

Around an hour had passed and James had gone out to a meeting, Ralph still wasn't back. I was laid down on the couch when Rose walked up to me then without saying anything, laid on top of me. She was tired. I'm not surprised though.

After a few minutes I'd fell asleep, I'm sure Rose did too. I felt oddly safe with her, I'd never felt like this with anyone.

————

After a while I woke up, rose was now next to me but still holding on. I slowly managed to get up and walked to the kitchen to see Ralph eating toast. "Hey." I said.

"You should be careful with her." He ignored my greeting.

"huh?" I questioned him.

"Rose, you shouldn't try anything with her. Diego will find out and it won't be good." He told me.

I rolled my eyes. "Not like she's his property, they're not even dating."

"Still, you know he would kill you." He shrugged.

I just walked back to the couch but rose was awake, barely sitting up.

"Shit, hey are you okay?" I asked, walking over to her quickly.

"Yeah." She stood up slowly. I looked at her, concerned. She walked to the stairs, stopping before the first one. "Thank you." She said, just above a whisper. She then walked upstairs and seconds later her door closed.

Roses pov

I walked straight to my bathroom and pulled a box out of my cupboard. A box of dark brown hair dye. I got some gloves out and put them on my hands after I sectioned my hair. I started putting the hair dye onto what was light brown hair.

Around an hour later I walked over to the shower and washed it out, I wanted to change everything. I wasn't even sure why I was mad at him, I convinced myself he left me alone and didn't care.

I looked in the mirror after all of the hair dye was washed out and smiled. I left it to naturally dry and went over to my bed. I pulled everything off it and flipped the mattress then changed all of the sheets. Once my bed was done I walked back into the bathroom to see my hair was almost dry.

I put some moisturiser on my face then got an outfit out of my closet, one I wouldn't dare wear before but now I think it'll look good.

I styled my hair then walked downstairs to Alex and Ralph talking, I walked past them at to the kitchen. I could instantly feel their eyes on me.

I got a snack out from the cupboard and faced them. "You've got a car, right?" I asked Ralph. "Uh yeah why?" He looked shocked.

"I need you to take me somewhere."

Word count: 1195