12.

1075

*Chapter 12*

My mother squealed in delight by hearing the information.

"Where is he?" she asked me. I sighed while telling her I didn't know.

"What do you mean you "don't know"?" she frowned in confusion.

"I left. Dawn pack was coming there to look for me. I did the only thing I could think of. I ran" I told her. "Christian doesn't know, mom. I didn't want to see him mad. I ran instead."

"Oh, honey" my mother said, pushing some of her hair away from her face. "Running never works. Trust me, it makes them more stubborn."

"How do you know?"

"I tried. Three times, never worked" she said chuckling at the memories.

"Why"

"Because; 1. Your father was an asshole" she laughed making me smile. "And 2. I was afraid. The werewolf world was new to me."

I nodded my head in understanding. The werewolf world was confusing and scary, that I could agree to.

There was a knock on the door, and it opened revealing a younger version of my father. He smiled at mom and went to hug her.

"Hey mom" he greeted her. I have another brother.

"Hi, honey. There's someone I want you to meet" she said gesturing with her hands towards me.

"Hey, sister. I'm Michael" he smiled at me and gave me a hug. My eyes widened, he knew? "Shane told me you have come back to us." I smiled, understanding. "There's a meeting downstairs in two minutes" he said. "If you want to come." mother shook her head a 'no' and smiled sadly at him.

"Why not?" I asked her curious to know. Father had told me that she had locked herself inside, but she couldn't have been that isolated.

"I haven't been downstairs for a while" she answered me and I smiled at her.

"We'll go downstairs together?" I asked her holding my hand out for her to take. She seemed to think about it for a while, but eventually, her hand grasped mine.

When my mom and I, with Michael behind us reached the top of the stair, all comotion downstairs went still. Everyone stared at us as my mom and I both took a deep breath, trying to calm ourselves down. Shane stood in the middle the stairs, giving orders to his pack.

"So we'll stand by Redstone, and we'll show Dawn that no one messes with us!" Shane said in his speech. The pack screamed and yelled in agreement making my ears ring from all the noise. My mom and I walked down to stand beside him. He gave us a bright smile and took my other hand.

"And for those of you who don't know" he began. "Our dear Janine is back" he raised my hand in thr air. Again, the yelling and screaming began accompanied with clapping of joy. Slowly, the comotion died out, and people began to kneel infront of us. "This is for you" Shane whispered in my ear. It felt weird, knowing that it was me they were kneeling for. I looked at mom, seeing her smile big at me. I spotted my dad in the crowd, he too, was smiling brightly at me.

~~~

"What was the commotion about, though?" I asked Shane when we were sitting around the table in the kitchen. "Before you introduced me."

"Redstone has declared war against Dawn" Shane answered. I gasped, but quickly asked;

"Who will we stand by" I asked. I'm sorry for thinking this but, please, don't be Dawn pack.

"Redstone, of course"

I let out a breath in relief. "Why have they declared war?" I asked.

"Fine, I can play twenty questions" Shane teased making me roll my eyes at him. "Well, apparently Dawn had arranged this marriage between the Alpha of Redstone's mate and one of their sons. Again. They tried that with you too."

"I know. Who's the Alpha of Redstone pack?"

Shane gave me a look, but didn't question my curiosity. "Christian Smith" he said.

"Beta?" I asked again.

"Kent" he sighed. "Why is this so important?"

My heart melted. Christian declared war, for me. Aww, how cute.

--Wait. Oh my god! Christian declared war because of me! Damnit Ariana! I told you to keep quiet! I can't believe she told Christian about the arranged wedding!

"Oh my god!" I yelled. "He's so stupid! Why did he do that?!"

"Honey, are you okay?" my mom asked me, laying a hand on ny back.

"No" I muttered my head in my hands, elbows resting in top of the table.

"Is he your-?" she asked. I nodded in response, not feeling like talking right then. "It will be okay honey" she said to me rubbing my back.

"What's wrong?" my dad asked.

"Christian is her mate" she answered quietly.

"What? He's coming here soon, though" Shane said.

"What?" my head shit up at the mention of him coming here. "He's coming here? When?"

"Soon"

"How soon is soon?" I asked.

"Soon. We're going to discuss tactics" I sighed at his reply.

"I need clothes" I blurted out after I had taken a once over, over myself. I was dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt with the picture of a band I had absolutely no idea who were.

"I'll find some for you, honey" my mom said. "You go take a shower" I nodded my head and did as told. Micheal showed me to a bathroom I could use without being interrupted and told me that mom would come by with clothes later.

I took a look at myself in the mirror, frowning at my appearance. I hadn't taken a shower for days, and when I ran my hand through my hair it was greasy, and had many tangles.

I did my necessities and took a nice, long and hot shower. Mom had come by in the middle of it with clothes, make up and a razor. I shaved my legs and got dressed.

I glanced at myself in the mirror again. It's amazing what a shower, foundation, mascara a little amount of eyeshadow and lipstick could do. I had gone for natural colours to fit with the mainly pink strapless skaterdress, pearl earrings and nude flats with ribbons on. I looked good.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Author's note:

Hello lovelies :)

This might be the last update this week... ;)

I hope you enjoyed though, and thank you for reading my book, it really means a lot to me. ❤

I apologize for any spelling mistakes.

So...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

Thank you
-E