25.

My bare feet padded against the pavement as I ran as fast as I could. My heart was going twenty miles per hour and my breathing was ragged. I kept looking back, trying to keep my attackers in sight, though still, as far away as possible.

I continued to run, past different stores and boutiques, but somehow memories flooded through my mind, making me confused and slightly dazed. The girl in front of me began to slow down, and I bumped into her.

"Why did you stop?" I breath, my palms against my knees as I heave for air.

"I can't do this... I can't breath"

"What? No.. no! I'm not giving up! Come on" I say as I take her hand and begin to drag her through the streets.

"I can't" she wines whilst making a move to sit down. "Just go"

"No! I just remembered.. I have to find him!"

"Who?"

"My mate"

"Your what?" the girl looked at me cofused, and I understood. She doesn't know what excist in the dark of the forest.

My thoughts drifted fastly inside of my brain and I knew I had to act fast.

What to do?

A lightbulb went off over my head as a thought popped into my head.

I have fricking powers for godssake! Use thrm!

"Uhm... nothing" I say. A howl came from behind us and I froze. "Close your eyes" I told the girl.

You can do this.

"Why?" She heaved.

"Just do it" I said slightly frustrated. She did as I told her to, and I hurriedly turned towards the snarling wolves. I raised my hands and threw them to the side. Two of the four wolves followed after, hitting a boutique window and breaking it. The alarm went haywire and the two wolves left began to wine as their ears probably hurt.

I smile, "Sorry" I said and shot my hand towards them, but only one of them bugged. The last one snarled at me , showing off his teeth and I realised that one of his teeth were blue. Realising that it was an emerald I began to scream louder.

"Shit" I yelled out and the girl opened her eyes again. 

"What's going on? What happened to those?" She asked frantically whilst pointing to the wolves passed out on the ground after going deaf. 

"I handled them" I said, unsure about how I should have answered her.

"How-" She began to speak again but the wolf began to growl at us. Her head snapped to the wolf, and I could see her eyes widen in fright.

"She's just a human" I told him. "She can't do you any harm" the wolf didn't seem to care as he stepped closer.

The girl grabbed my arm roughly and hid behind me. My hand brushed lightly against my pants, feeling the outline of my phone inside one of the pockets. I silently cursed myself as I remembered that I had brought it with me. 

"Be a distraction" I whispered as low as I could into the girls ear.

"Why?" she exclaimed in a hushed voice. 

"I'm calling for help"

I quickly pulled my phone out of my pockets and searched through my contacts. Christian's name was easy to find, and I could hear his voice in my ear once more. 

"Christian!" I exclaimed as I gripped the phone with tight fingers. 

"Hey, I'm a little busy right now. Can I call you back?" he said in a low voice, as if trying to hide that he's on the phone for someone.