𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 26

"He shot in my leg " I said, trying to get up.

Cora knelt over me, her eyes tinged with concern. She helped me up,
"Can you walk?"

I nodded. She grabed my bag and looked around.

"I don't see any other hunters, and no one seems to have heard the shots, so we'll go to my car"

After we got there, not without a limp, she helped me to sit and went to the driver's side.

"Where are we going?" I asked as Cora left the high school parking lot, 

"We can't show up at the hospital, the hunters will probably keep an eye on it. Do you remember the "family friend" Derek told you about this morning, he's a vet but he can help you.

My right leg hurt like hell.

" Why don't I heal?" 

Cora looked at my leg, and winced.

" The bullet must have been dipped in wolfsbane."

Awesome, I said to myself.

" Did Liam managed to leave?"

" Yes he did,  everyone's fine " She replied

" It's too bad the twins made it."

A smile spread across her worried face.

" Is your neck any better?"

I nodded my head in agreement.

" We're almost there " she announced.

She turned left and the car drove into a dead-end street. A medium-sized brick building stretched to the side; a sign said it was a veterinary clinic. 

Cora pulled into the parking lot next to the clinic and turned off the engine. I opened the door and got out, but my right leg hurt so badand I fell to the concrete floor. 

Cora came to help me up and helped me walk. When I got inside, I saw that Derek was there, talking to a black, bald man in his forties.

"Derek we had a problem"

Her "we" warmed my heart, she was so nice to me even though she know me only since this morning. When he saw my wounded leg, Derek's eyes opened wide and he came over to help Cora support me.

" I guess you're Jade," the man said kindly. 

 He opened the two small wooden gates that blocked our path and asked us to follow him. 

Derek and Cora helped me follow him, took me to the consulting room and helped me sit on the table.

" What happened? " Derek asked worriedly.

" A hunter shoot me" I explained, as the vet cut the bottom of my jeans with a scissor to better identify the wound.

" The bullet was previously soaked in wolfsbane" he informed me, " that's why it doesn't expel it and why your leg doesn't heal."

" Do you think you can remove it?" I asked him.

" It shouldn't be very complicated, but it will hurt a lot"  he said with a sorry look.
He went to get some surgical instruments, scissors, tweezers of different sizes, and something else that looked like a giant eyelash curler. "Ready?"

 "Yes, I'm ready." 

_______________________________
Don't forget to comment and like if you have loved this chapter 💫💫

Sorry I didn't post earlier !

I am french so it risk to have a lot of mistake, so tell me if you see one! 😉

Where do you guys come from? 🌺
Don't hesitate to talk to me! It's always fun to speak with people from another country! 🐺

Tiktok: maelys.brds (mostly acting and pov)