Chapter 4- Unwanted

Let's add a little angst, shall we?

I walked down the slightly damp and cold street. Now I wasn't stupid, I was not going to let a stranger know where I lived so me being me, I told Bakugo to drop me off at the road 3 blocks away from, where I actually lived. The buildings looked ominous but held a great nostalgic and somewhat safe feeling, when I laid eyes on them. I walked down the cold, concrete path that lay in front of me to Uraraka and my shared apartment, when I felt a buzz in my pocket, I opened it to find my phone. I turned it on to find about 100 miscalls from Uraraka. Shit. I started to pick up my pace, praying to God that she was asleep, shivering at the thought of what would happen if she wasn't.

I was speeding down the roads so fast that it made even the pro hero Hawks look like child's play. Soon, I arrived at the seething gates of the apartment building, cautiously taking one step at a time not making a sound.

I reached the door to our apartment and fumbled for my keys, which lay in my pocket. Slowly, I opened the door hoping that it won't make that obnoxious creak that it always does and to my absolute pleasure it did. "Fuck!" I whispered under my breath; I closed the door.

 The apartment was dark and a deadly silence hung in the air, hopefully Uraraka was sound asleep and I could explain myself when she was in a totally rational state

The apartment was dark and a deadly silence hung in the air, hopefully Uraraka was sound asleep and I could explain myself when she was in a totally rational state. I tiptoed towards the stairs but before even my pinky toe could touch the stairs, the light immediately flicked. I looked around in disbelief Shit, the demon has awoken.

A chair swung round in my direction and my e/c met some brown ones, except this time they were seething with rage and disappointment.

"Y/n L/n," spoke the rigid figure, that was my best friend.

"H-hi Ochako," I choked, "W-what are you doing up at this hour?" She looked at me with the same stern eyed that sent shivers through my entire body. "Where have you been L/n?" God she was using my last name.

"Umm, what do you mean?"

"I mean, I was looking everywhere for you. Where the hell did you run off to? This is like, the 5th time you've done this."

There was no playing off this conversation and we both knew it. I was backed into a corner. "I... uh left the party to have a little walk around. It was getting a little too hard to breathe."

"Oh really, why didn't you tell me you were leaving?"

"Well, you seemed to be having fun dancing and I didn't want to disturb you with this."

"Y/n, I know parties aren't exactly your thing but we need to relax and live a little. All the time I've known you, you've been carefree and spontaneous. But after.... after Touya, you changed."

At the mention of his name, I snapped. She didn't.

"How many times have I told you not to mention his name?! Not only his name but the subject of our relationship itself!" I yelled, blinded by nothing but pure rage.

"You need to face the facts Y/n, you loved him and when it ended it broke you," Uraraka said trying to stay as calm as possible.

"Shut up! You have now idea how I felt! And you expect me to just go to parties for the rest of my life! Give up and just fuel my life with a false sense of happiness."

"I am doing this for you! Don't you understand I just want to see you happy again!"

"That's it, I'm going up to bed. I've had enough bullshit for one day." I started to slowly walk up the stairs, my anger slowly starting to settle.

While I did this Uraraka used the moment to add one final comment "You can't always walk away from your problems Y/n. You're going to have to face the music soon."

I ran upstairs and shut my bedroom door with a loud thump.

Who was she to tell me such things?! She didn't know anything about him, about us. I slumped down on the bed smashing face first into a pillow, while unwanted thoughts and memories drowned me within my mind. Yes, I admit it was true that I loved him, I loved him more than anything. When he left, I felt sad but not enough that it would break me. That was nonsense, wasn't it? I am still perfectly the same. But deep down within me, knew what she said was true. I am still hung up on that bastard, who didn't even have the guts to face me and say goodbye.

Through all this pain and sadness my mind drifted to a more peaceful place; I recalled memories of Katsuki. Who knew the stranger that I met no more than 2 hours ago could be such a strong comfort to me? Every time I pictured his face in my head my heart felt heavy with a desire, just like it did with him. Yet this time it felt quite different it felt deep, heavy, mysterious and euphoric in a way. This feeling felt both new and familiar. What was this?

"Maybe we'll meet again...Katsuki" I muttered to myself, before dozing off into the dreams that awaited me, locked inside deep inside both my heart and mind.