015

•brooklyn jackson•2 days later || june 3, 2020 || Houston,TX___________________________

•brooklyn jackson•
2 days later || june 3, 2020 || Houston,TX
___________________________

"so are you gonna continue to ignore this boy or are you gonna let him explain?" my aunt heather asked as we restocked the shelves at the store. we were the only ones here so i told her about what happened.

"i wanna hear what he has to say, but what if he's still fooling around with her and just lying to me?" i answered her question with a question. i was having mixed emotions about this whole situation because god knows i wanted to be next to my stink, i was missing him.

"that's why you have to hear him out or you'll never know" she responded before she walked towards the back allowing me to drown in my thoughts. i finished stocking the shelves and decided to take a break.

i tapped my apple watch and checked the time. 1:16p.m i shook my head once i heard my phone ding again for the 100th time. kentrell was blowing my phone up and i swear he was making it hard for me to even see what he wanted.

i woke up this morning and felt my knuckles hurting. two of em was kinda swollen but i dealt with the pain. i heard my phone ding once again and i decided to grab it. i grabbed it off the table and went straight to my call log dialing kentrell's number.

he answered before it rung and didn't say anything.

"wassam princess"

"meet me at my apartment, i'm about to leave the store" i hung up and grabbed my keys. "alright auntie i'm leaving"

"alright b, be safe" she yelled back and i nodded before snatching my purse off of the counter. i walked outside towards my car and i unlocked it before getting in. i started it up and pulled out of the parking lot.

i was anxious about this conversation with kentrell because it could go two ways ; good or bad. he wasn't my boyfriend so i couldn't say i was officially done with him because i like him and he's good to me. i just hate the fact that his ex feels so comfortable.

snapping out of my thoughts, i heard my phone ringing. i answered it and put it on speaker.

"mane say where you at?" kentrell asked, making his attitude noticeable. i shook my head and counted to three because i wasn't about to deal with this today at all.

"i'm almost there pa, calm down" i replied after i heard him sigh. "aight mane" he responded before hanging up. i rolled my eyes before i sat my phone in the cup holder.

i pulled into my driveway shortly after and i saw kentrell's challenger sitting in the driveway. i parked beside it and turned my car off before getting out with my stuff. i held my purse and phone in my hand before going to the front door.