Why Is It Always The New Kid?

The next day at school it was time for glee club practice, everyone went into the choir room and sat in their chairs when Sam came in with the new kid

Sam-"Everyone I would like you to meet Kyle Matthews".

Kyle-"Nice to meet you guys".

Shane-"Same to you man welcome to Mckinley".

Sam-"Alright Kyle I am going to have you sit by Casey for the day, okay now we have to vote for captains this year since Suzy is gone I hope that is okay Carter".

Carter-"Fine by me I don't mind at all".

Ricky-"When we will vote?"

Sam-"By the end of next week then I will tell you who the captains are, and same as last time a boy and girl".

Heather-"Well I already know who's gonna win for girl captain". (flips her hair)

Shane-"You are fool of yourself no one ever votes for you".

Eve-"He is right about that".

Sam-"Alright how about we give Kyle here a taste of the New Directions, he will make his decision tomorrow on which group he wants to join".

They all get up and sing a numeber for Kyle, throughout the song he just stares at Casey and she does the same

Once they were done they all sat down and Sam gave them the papers for sectionals

Sam-"Kyle you will get one tomorrow depending on which group you choose".

Kyle-"Sounds good to me".

Ricky-"Sectionals are here this year sweet".

Heather-"Why do we need permission slips then?"

Sam-"Just in case one of you can't make it, or if something happens".

The bell rings and they all leave the choir room, Casey heads to her locker and sees that Kyle knocked over a bunch of books and went over to help him

Kyle-"Thanks". (takes books)

Casey-"No problem trust me the first couple days suck cause of all the books you get even if you're not new". (laughs)

Kyle-"So you joined New Directions last year, how come not from the start?"

Casey-"I was nervous that I would be under pressure with everything since my last name's Hudson".

Kyle-"Yeah I heard about what happend I'm sorry about Finn".

Casey-"Thanks, say you got anything to do after school?"

Kyle-'Matter of fact I do, I gotta get to football see you sometime tomorrow Casey and thanks again". (heads to practice)

After that Casey heads to practice as well, once she is done she heads home, once she is home she changes then lays on the bed

Casey-"Why is it always the new kid, ugh". (shoves face in pillow)

Puck-(appears) "Someone has a crush".

Santana-"Oh leave her alone".

Casey-"Where's Finn?"

Puck-"He's resting he had a long night helping Rachel and Jesse with stuff".

Santana-"So this Kyle?"

Casey-(laughs) "He's a nice kid, I don't just wanna go right in to dating him I gotta get to know him first".

Puck-"So you're definantly not going back to Carter?"

Casey-'No he has Courtney".

Santana-"I saw that Heather girl eyeing him up too Case".

Casey-"She's something else, she's kinda like you were in school, but worse".

Puck-"We'll make sure she doesn't mess up the voting for captains".

Casey-"Thanks well I'm gonna head down for dinner, was looking forward to seeing Finn, but I understand he needs rest".

Once Puck and Santana leave Casey heads downstairs to eat dinner with Burt and Carole

Burt-"How was school?"

Casey-"It was good the new kid decides what club he wants to be with tomorrow, also here". (hands Carole sectional paper)

Carole-"Oh man we're not even going to be there".

Casey-(sighs) "Alright I hate to say this, but I have decided that I wanna move in with Rachel and Jesse, you guys said it would be okay to do so, also Blaine and Kurt said they would be okay with me choosing her instead of them".

Burt-"We knew this was probably going to happen, so we called Rachel and Kurt earlier".

Casey-"Is that why Finn was over there?" (laughs)

Carole-"I just texted Kurt and he is okay with it".

Casey-"I'll call Rachel before I head to bed to make sure it's still okay".

Once they were done with dinner Casey went upstairs and called Rachel

Rachel-"I am so excited I can't wait Casey, take your time though no rush".

Casey-"Thanks again Rachel I appreciate it".

Rachel-"No problem you are still like a little sister to me Casey, and just think it's like our old sleepovers, but everyday now".

Flashback

Casey-"Finny come on we're gonna be late!"

Kurt-(laughs) "Sleepover at Rachels?"

Finn-(smiles) "Yeah you get the house to yourself if you wanna invite Blaine over".

Casey-"Bye Kurt". (hugs him)

They head over to Rachels house

Rachel-"There she is".

Casey-"Rachel!" (hugs her)

Finn-(kisses her) "Sorry we're a bit late".

Rachel-"That's fine I was just finishing up our camp out".

They eat dinner then get ready for bed

Finn-"Alright you're in the middle princess". (covers them all up)

Rachel-"Night little one".

Casey-"Night Rachel and Finny".

End of flashback

Rachel-"Well I will let you go, Jesse and I will get one of the bedrooms ready for".

Casey-"Alright see you soon". (hangs up)

After she got off the phone Casey got ready for bed, after that she got in her bed and went to sleep

Finn-"I hope she's not mad last night was long getting her room ready".

Puck-"She totally understands dude".

Santana-"How did you know she was going to move in with Rachel?"

Finn-"Just a hunch I mean I know she wouldn't mind staying with Blaine and Kurt, but they already have enough on their plates with Sasha, I think Casey might want to help them with the baby".

They talk some more then go rest