vi. happy ending?

Kaneki readjusted his tie, letting the black silk slip through his fingers. Yoshimura smiled at him kindly through weary eyes. He place a hand on Kaneki's shoulder. He seemed to have noticed how jittery the boy was.

"You'll do fine out there, Kaneki. Just stay calm." He reassured, but Kaneki couldn't believe it. Today was the day.

The white-haired boy was clad in a pitch black tuxedo that contrasted greatly with his hair. After all...

He heard the music play, and the large wooden doors open, revealing the pews. The pews were filled with people he didn't even know, but remembered from college. They all let their eyes drift towards him, and his heart thumped louder. Beautiful music played, a melody had was soft to his ears.

"Calm down, Kaneki. You can do this." The coffee manager said, and they trailed down the red carpet. Sweat trickled down the side of Kaneki's face, and he was sure he was going to throw up, but no taste of vile arose in his throat. Thank God for that.

The nervous boy gazed at the church around him, recognizing it as to when Tsukiyama kidnapped Kimi as hostage.

The music that he found soothing soon slowed down, and Yoshimura slid into the pews. Touka, the Maid of Honor, smiled wistfully at him. She really did look beautiful today. Her newly engaged fiancé, Yoriko, was beside her, smiling and waving. Kimi was smiling encouragingly. Nishio, who they regrettably chose as the best man, snickered at his expression before maintaining his composure. Yomo stared at him blankly, and Tsukiyama was glowering slightly.

But then there was Hide.

He was clad in a black sit as well, looking dashingly handsome. His bleached hair was combed, but not gelled, and it looked so soft Kaneki wanted to run his hands through it. A soft smile was stretched across his pale lips.
And the vows began.

It was quick, sweet, and simple, just the way they liked it. Hide took Kaneki into his arms and dipped him down, pressing their lips together joyfully. It was chaste, but it was filled with passion, and the duo smiled into the kiss. It was so sweet, being here, living a normal life.

Or at least, that's what he thought.

Haise gazed at the silver wedding band that curled around his finger. Engraved on it was "Let's go home," and on the inside said HN. It always left an imprint on his fingers, those initials, and he never did quite know whose they were.
To this day, he wonders who he married.