t w e l v e

Flashback.
Contains Abuse.
This chapter will be wholesome.

6 years ago

"Dad please don't go!" Lorenzo says as Mr. Berkshire is heading out the door, after a big fight with your mother.

"I have to sweetheart, it's for the best."

"Dad no! please! mom is-" Lorenzo tries to convey.

"Save it. I love you children okay? never forget that."

"Dad Please" You whisper under your breath, tearing up.

He gives a quick smile and heads out the door, the house no long feeling comfortable.

A couple months later, mother got a new boyfriend.

They met at the club, drinking their life away when she decided to bring him home after some dates.

He moved right in.

You sensed he had bad intentions from the start, and you stayed with Lorenzo for the longest, being afraid.

One afternoon, you come home for summer break and you see the man, hitting and yelling at your mother, obviously drunk.

Obviously caring about your mother, you come in and try to stop the fight.

You got hit.

Then Lorenzo comes in and sees you on the floor, bleeding from the bottle of alcohol he was holding in his hand.

Lorenzo then casts "Avada Kedavra" out of spite

You watch him drop the the ground, in shock Lorenzo would do such a thing.

Your mother was covered in scratches, bruises, and blood, all hinting this was going on through the time you were at Hogwarts.

"Lorenzo- you just killed a man." You say.

"Mom I'm sorry I- he was hurting you."

"It's fine my love, thank you. you saved me, and I love you."

You stare at his lifeless body on the ground, his eyes wide open, being the worst sight you ever saw.

And His exact face is what you saw in the mirror.

You remember that moment clearly, and start to tear up.

Professor Lupin already tells by the look in your eyes, and simply tells you to take a seat.

You sit back next to Mattheo, and as you're walking back you can see the concern in his eyes.

"What happened darling? what did you see?"

"It's nothing Mattheo, I don't want to talk about it right now."

Mattheo then pulls you in, and you cry in his arms.

"I'm sorry" you whisper

"It's fine don't apologize my love"

After Classes

You're in Mattheo's dorm room, huddled up under the blankets and in his hoodie, your eyes still watery from what you saw.

"I don't like seeing you upset my love, please, tell me what you saw" Mattheo asks you, as he places his arms around you and wipes your tears.

"My mom, and her abusive boyfriend"

"Did he touch you? Hurt you?" he asks with the ultimate concern in his eyes.

"He hurt my mother." You say, as more tears start falling down your eyes again.

"I'm sorry princess, But he's gone now, and you're better now"

"It still hurts to think about Mattheo. I never wanna see that again."

"I know. I know"

He then holds you closer as you cry into his shoulder.

"I love you" you whisper softly

"I love you too" he says, and then plants a kiss on your forehead.

"What did you see?" you ask, as you try to distract yourself from thinking about what you just saw.

"My father hurting you."

"Why?"

"The thought of you ever getting hurt breaks my heart, I never wanna see you in pain. If I lose you there's no reason to live anymore"

You stare into his eyes, as you see his pupils grow wider, showing a side of him you've never seen before.

Sure Mattheo would get upset at times, but not like this.

He was vulnerable.

And to think of it, you would never think A guy like Mattheo, the son of the dark lord, who is feared by almost everyone, would act that way.

He was known for being tough, not afraid to kill anyone who comes in his way and have no second thoughts, but with you he was different.

You look up at him and kiss him.

You pull away and he plants his hand on your cheek, wanting more. He gives you long, passionate kisses, at least a couple of them, until he finally pulls away and looks into your eyes.

"You're beautiful even when you're crying"

You slightly smile and say "I don't deserve you"

"I don't deserve you, Especially a guy like me"

You guys then fall asleep, in each other's arms.

The Next Morning

Mattheo Turned off all the alarms, so you could get rest and hopefully feel better.

You wake up and notice that you're late for school, but you see Mattheo next to you, reading.

"Mattheo, Why aren't we in school?"

He turns around and says "Well goodmorning to you to"

"Why did you turn my alarms off Mattheo"

"I wanted you to get rest, so I thought it was best that we skip today."

"You didn't have to, I'm perfectly fine now"

"You're drenched in tears and your eyes are all red. I know you barely slept.

"God how do you know me so well" you say, leaning in to him as he puts his arms around you and plants a kiss on your forehead.

"Because I love you"

"I love you more"

"No I love you more"

"No no no I do trust me"

"I love you until the universe ends, and the universe is infinite."

And those words got you.

You kiss him, and it's followed by more passionate kisses, until he pauses for a moment and stare into your eyes, and then proceeds to kiss you even more.

This was perfect.

Almost too good to be true.

Hi

I wrote like half of this while I was crying lmao

Anyways I'm sorry there's no smut, but I wanted a wholesome chapter and I finally got motivation!

I'll try to bless you guys with a lot of smut next chapter I promise

Anyways leave me comments or ideas or just plain criticism, I'll take all of it.

If you ever need to talk, my insta is @milariddle

Until next time,

D I S C U S S I O N