Chapter 26 - The maze

I swing the door open.

-Ugh... Where did we teleport this time? -I muttered, slowly waking up.

-Um, guys... This place is creepy. -Nat said.

After a few seconds, I realised we were in a maze. In a huge, dark maze.

Oh boy.

Some of the little ones started to panic, so I stood up and smiled at them.

-It's fine, guys. All we gotta do is find the exit.

-If there even IS an exit. This might be a trap we'll never get out of. -said Emo Boy, making the atmosphere even worse.

Thanks a lot, Ray.

-Nah, I'm sure there is one. The demon king might make this mission difficult, but he can't make it impossible. He doesn't really care if we win or lose, after all.

My statement seemed to have calmed everyone down and I started thinking of a plan.

-We're gonna split into four groups and look for the exit.

-I'm going with Rhea! -almost everyone yelled.

Ah, the struggles of a popular person...

-And when one of the groups finds the exit, they will blow their whistle to alarm the others.

-Whistle? We don't have any whistles with us... -Gilda mumbled.

-Sure, you guys don't. ME, on the other hand... -I smirked as I took a few whistles out of my bag. -I knew these would be useful sooner or later.

-What else do you have in there? A magic wand that can give us any item we need at the moment? -Emma asked.

-Maybe~! Anyway, time to get a move on, darlings. Me, Emma, Norman and Ray will be the leaders.

After some time, we managed to split into four equal groups. My team, consisting of me, Anna, Don, Jemima, Mark, Chris and Gilda went towards the left.

-What if there are some dangerous traps around here? We might not even notice them... -Don thought out loud.

-Surely you'll notice one the moment it cuts your leg off. -I said casually.

I chuckled, looking at their horrified expressions.

-Kidding, just kidding~! -I said. -And honestly, don't worry about it. If I notice anything weird, I'll be sure to tell you guys.

Before I finished my sentence, I heard something rustle beneath my feet.

-Speaking of weird stuff, look at this! -I picked it up and showed it to my siblings. It was a map of the entire maze.

-We should be... Here, right? -Gilda pointed to a specific spot on the map.

-Yup. And us you can see, there are no traps marked on the map. Well, that doesn't necessarily mean there are no traps, but... -I tried to make everyone a bit calmer.

-Rhea... -Anna muttered. -On the map... There is no exit.

Aaand there goes my attempt to calm them down.

-Don't jump to conclusions, Rapunzel. My intuition tells me that there's something wrong with this map.

-You mean, it might be fake...?

-I mean, we might be missing something.

Suddenly, I was interrupted by Jemima tripping and falling down. She started to cry and we all ran up to her.