Chapter 22 - It's about to go down

(GUYS I MADE IT I FINALLY FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH MY ACCOUNT AND I CAN CONTINUE THE BOOK!❤️)

I woke up at 5:42 AM. That's pretty late for me, but at least I got some sleep.

I casually got dresses and brushed my hair.

After breakfast, I sat down on my bed, a cup of coffee in my hand.

God, it's been an year.

But I'm finally done with Blood Marine 3~! Everything is ready! Yay!

My siblings will be delighted. They never really got used to this place.

"Well, no wonder. They were experimented on" is what you think, right?

Come on, it didn't even hurt!

Well, whatever. Today is the day I save them and take revenge on Ava. But I have to wait a few hours. The doctors said they need my help with something. I want to see what kind of people they are before I kill them.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. Those creepy perfect farms are now complete. I spend about three hours a day coming up with the names for those mixed cattle kids.

It's a secret, but Asher (number 24805) is my favourite. His personality is like a mix of edgy Ray and relaxed Liliana. How cool is that?

Anyway, I finally arrived at the lab and opened the door to see two doctors and three nurses.

-Yo. What do you guys need me for?

-We're glad you're here, Rhea. -a male doctor took his mask off. -I'm Ryuuto.

Hmm... His dark blue hair and light blue eyes looked kinda hot. But it takes a personality to impress me.

-Nice to meet ya, Ryuuto. So what do you want?

-We're working on another perfect child, but those two DNAs simply don't match. Turns out we have to replace number EKB5A9's DNA with someone else's.

-Let me guess. I'm supposed to choose the replacement.

-Well, you know your siblings better than any of us. And that's before even mentioning your intelligence.

-Okay. -I sighed. Like I even care if you praise me. You're all my enemies.

I looked at the big screen showing the DNA they were using.

-Number EKB5A9 and number DIV453-021. I can tell you wanted this kid to focus on instinct and observation skills. And if EKB5A9 can't do it... Yup! I know the perfect person!

(For those who are curious, EKB5A9 is a girl from Glory Bell named Honey. And DIV453-021 is Susanne, an older girl from Grand Valley.)

-Hey, Gilda! They need your DNA! -I said cheerfully, rushing into the room.

It's true that Stupid Trio are the smartest ones, but Gilda has the best observation here. And her intuition is almost as good as mine. Well, almost.

As I guided the green-haired girl to the laboratory, I noticed Redhead and Softie talking. Norman was blushing and he tried to say something, but walked away in the end, much to Emma's confusion.

What was that, Norman? You're confusing the poor girl. She has no idea what's going on.

Alright, I gotta talk with him.

After Gilda's DNA was taken, I rushed towards Norman and picked him up bride style.

-Suprise~!

-Wha-! Geez, Rhea. You scared me...

-And you scared Emma. Look how confused she is. Were you trying to confess to her or something?

The boy's face turned red as he looked away.

-Come on, Norman, I know you love her. There's no point in hiding it.

-...Fine. I wanted to confess, but I'm not ready. Not yet.

-Why not? You're already 17...

-Emma is just so innocent, isn't she? I'm not sure if she'll even understand what I mean...

-Norman, you're really bad at lying. You're just scared of getting rejected.

-Y-You're so mean, Rhea... -Norman smiled sadly.

-Thanks. I'm doing my best.

I put the small boy down and pat his head.

-Anyway, I'm sure Emma won't reject you. Trust me, whenever I'm sure of something, that something becomes a fact.

-I know, but... This feeling I get whenever I try to tell her... It kinda reminds me of how I felt before my shipment at Grace Field.

-That was years ago, move on!

-And when I saw Conny's corpse in that truck...

-I miss Conny too, but seriously, move on! Don't stay in the past!

-That feeling must be... fear.

-Are you ignoring me?

-I only want what's the best for her. I want to make her happy, but... What if I'm just not the right person to make her happy?

-Nah, you're the only one who cares about her THIS much. In fact, you're obsessed with her.

-Eh? -Norman snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me. -I am?

-Duh! You're the one who made that secret photo album of her, after all!

-Y-You knew about that!?

-What? I have to check my siblings' stuff once in a while to make sure you're all pure and innocent. That album was better than drugs or porn, but still! Creepy!

-Rhea!

-...Pfft! Hahaha! Just kidding~! You just left it the living room once.

Norman scolded me for my jokes while I laughed at his reaction.

-Anyway, don't worry, Norman. You and Emma will both be safe and happy soon...

I leaned closer to him and whispered.

-... It's about to go down, Softie. I'll end this today. Just wait.

-Wha...

I rushed out of the room before he could even speak. I don't have time to talk about this. Besides, I want to surprise them all.

I guess it's time to begin. Let's give it everything we've got!

It's... Destruction time!!!

(Yes, that's a danganronpa reference)

I casually walked down the stairs, to the basement. That's a lot of Blood Marine 3 we have here. Just what I need.

There was a shipment yesterday. Hannah, number 35805.
Her meat should be served in a few minutes.

I left the basement with thousands of small bottles of the blue liquid, most of them hidden in my pockets and the bag I took with me.

The hallway was empty. Perfect. No witnesses allowed.

I sneaked into the kitchen and there it was - tonight's feast.

It turned out Blood Marine 3 is only blue when inside those bottles. It's transparent, actually. I got the syringe I stole from the lab. A little bit of Blood Marine 3 on every plate should be enough. After I worked with it for so long, it's hella strong.

Alright, let's get out of here.

And so, a little after midnight I saw the demons gathering to eat the poor child's meat.

One... Two...

Three!