Chapter 4 - New caretaker

After hearing the bells, we entered the house. Mama was holding a baby and standing next to a weirdly tall and muscular woman.

-Kids, this is Carol, your new little sister. And that's Sister Krone. She will help me around the house.

Ray, Norman and Emma were standing near me horrified of the new enemy while I was about to burst out laughing.

Hahaha!!!! That Sister looks like a damn clown! I can't believe how weird her face is!!! Hahaha!

And Carol looks cute. Her hair kinda remind me of Emma's. You know, orange, short and spiky. But she's missing an antenna...

-I was so focused on the trackers I never thought they might be another adult... -Norman said with despair.

-Norman, dear! -I cheered, picking him up bride style. -It's no biggie! I'm sure Mama won't need her for long!

-What do you mean? Besides, put me down! -Norman said.

-Krone and Carol might be our sources of information. -Ray said.

-You mean about the trackers? They're in our left ears. -I answered. -Oh, besides that, you know where they come from? Sister Krone was raised on a farm, just like us. Girls who have perfect scores can train to became caretakers, just like Mama and Sister!

-How... How much do you know already...? -Ray asked.

-Pretty much everything. And it's all thanks to Liliana.

Emo Boy sighed.

-Fine, but we can't just wait for that Liliana of yours and do nothing.

-Yeah, yeah... -I ignored his warning which obviously made him pissed.

In the evening I was taking care of the babies with Emma and Gilda. Only the eldest girls can do that. Probably a way of preparing us to be Mamas.

-See? Here it is. -I showed Emma the back of Carol's ear.

-....I remember when Mama told me that it's just a needle mark after blood tests.
-Pretty smart of her. But now that I told you about the trackers, why don't we talk about taking everyone?

-You mean how to convince Ray? -Emma asked.

-That too, but most importantly, we should train their bodies. It won't be easy to run away from the demons and Mama. We can train their brains too. Strategy and stuff.

-But how will we do it without Mama finding out?

-Tag. -I said. -We will play in teams and we'll teach them important things like erasing footprints and leaving fake clues. We'll leave the strategy to Norman and Ray while we'll be their coaches. -I smirk.
-Got it!

The next day we began our tag training. It was fine until...

-Care to let me join? -asked Krone with a creepy smile.

I looked at the trio's unsure faces and realized I have to be the one to answer.

-Sure thing, Sister! We're looking forward to play with you!

-Alright then. I'll be it. The time limit will be 20 minutes.

After counting to 10, Sister runned faster than a damn bullet train. She catch the younger ones like they were bugs. Interesting~

Soon after the only ones left were me, Phil, Nina and the trio.

Emma was running away from the Sister with the toddlers in her arms. That's a risky move, sweetheart. I followed them secretly. Emma hid behind a rock.

-Emma, did you know? -Krone asked. -Norman's weaknesses is physical strength. Ray's Achilles heel is that he gives up too fast. Rhea's weakness is that she hides her feelings and pretends not to care. And yours, Emma... Is your naivety.

I see. She already knows us well.

Sister climbed on the rock Emma was behind and scared both me and her. What is this creature...?

Okay, so it's just me, Emo Boy and Softie.

There they are, sprinting through the forest, Sister right behind them. I better help them before Norman faints due to being exhausted.

Ray and Norman split up and Krone followed Norman. He was beginning to slow down. I jumped down the tree and grabbed him.

-Rhea...?
-SHHH! -I hissed.

I carried him all around the forest. It's fine. I can just keep running until the time runs out. Only 8 minutes left. She can't chase us forever, especially since she still has to catch Ray.

-Impressive! -I heard her call out behind me. -You can run so fast while carrying him for such a long time! You're a worthy opponent!

-Thanks, Sister! -I called out and runned even faster. -But that's not all I can do!

Carefully, so I don't drop Norman, I jumped on a rock and then on a tree. Yes, I can do it without using my hands. I kept jumping on the trees with Sister right behind me. Finally, I stopped at one of the tallest rocks. I put Norman down as Krone stared at us madly from below. Ray runned up and said the time is up.

-Rhea, are you okay!? -Norman asked.
-I'm fine. We won, you know! -I smiled.
-Are you kidding me? You're not even tired after all of this?
-Not really.
-Um... Thanks for helping me.
-Anytime! -I smirked, patting Norman's head.

-Sister hasn't done anything since the game of tag. Mama doesn't seem to suspect us either. -Emma said.

-She must have another way of observation. A traitor. -I said.

Emma stared at me in horror.
-A... A traitor...?
-Don't worry, it's Ray! -I said casually.

-WHAT!? -Emo Boy turned to me -You knew about that!? How!?

I smirked at him a bit creepily.

-Me and Liliana know more than you can imagine, Ray~! Anyway, Emma, Norman, don't worry. Ray was a traitor for our sake. It's a way of collecting information and gaining Mama's trust. Right, Emo Boy?

-Y-Yeah...

-You did a good job, though. -I said. -Especially with making a tracker-breaking device using all those toys you hid near Alicia's bed.

-Stop! -he yelled -It sounds like you stalked on me or something!
-Maybe I did~

(Yeah I actually stalk Ray all the time to gather information)

-Um... -Emma said - Sorry to interrupt your weird conversation but I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!

After explaining everything to Norman and Emma, we moved on to telling Don and Gilda.

-So you don't wanna tell them the whole truth, huh? -I asked.

-Yeah. They might not want to escape into a world full of demons.

-Oh please! -I said. -What choice do they have? If they don't escape into "a world full of demons" they will be killed here. Stop messing around and do the right thing, you three!

I left while the trio stared at me with suprise and annoyance.