Chapter 10 - First day of school

Ugh. It's monday. Time for us to start actual school. I don't really want to get up at 6 o'clock again. It reminds me of our routine in the house. Besides, I'll have to wear the school uniform today.

Well, I can't do anything about that. The school uniform is a typical sailor one, with a white blouse, red bow and dark blue skirt. It's not that bad...

I'm in the same class with Laura, Sunny and some boy from Grand Valley.

He has lime green eyes and dark brown, almost black hair in a really messy hairstyle. If I remember correctly, his name was... Alex? Yeah, Alex. It sure is a bit hard to remember about 185 people's names.

-Let's get going! -Emma cheered as everyone went to their classrooms.

-So, who's our teacher? -I asked.

-I know! -Sunny said joyfully. -I was here before only to ask some questions about her! I heard that it's Mrs. Archer!

Mrs. Archer? Kinda funny last name.

-So I heard that her first name is Judy, she has a husband and two children and she's really nice and good with kids and animals! She's around her early 30s and her favourite color is lavender! Her birthday is on April 10 and...

-You sure asked a lot of questions... -Laura said.

-I wish I could see those people's faces while Sunny asked them all of this. -I scoffed.

-What? -the red-haired girl pouted. -It's good to be well informed!

-Yeah, like you said. -I answered. -It's good to be well informed, not over-informed!

Sunny started to whine, causing me and Laura to laugh. It's amazing to hang out with those two after a hella long time.

Anyway! -Sunny said. -How about a race? The first one in the classroom wins!

Before me or Laura said anything, Sunny rushed through the hallway. She went up the stairs and... Then we heard her bump into someone.

-Watch where you're going, brat! -some old geezer yelled.

-Sunny, are you okay? -Laura runned up to the gold-eyed girl. -We're sorry, mister...

-Do you know who I am!? -the guy shouted. -I am the vice principal of this goddamn school! Who dare disrespect me like that!?

Sunny looked like she's about to cry. And the same went for Laura.

-Whoa, dude, chill. -I said. -My friend didn't mean to bump into you. She didn't even know you're around. This is our first day of school, so...

-That is no excuse! You three are being ridiculous!

-You're not the one to talk. -I rolled my eyes.

-Do you even think I have time for dealing with kids like you!? You're stupid!

-Okay, so are we ridiculous or stupid? Make up your mind, sweetie~ Besides, if you don't want to deal with kids, why work at school?

-You little-

-Mr. Wilson, please calm down. -someone said.

I turned around to see a woman with dark blonde hair in a half-ponytail and orange eyes.

-Mrs. Archer... -Mr. Wilson said.

-I talked with the principal yesterday. She wants all the new students to be welcomed warmly in our school. I'm sure she won't be happy with your little argument.

-I was just kidding! -the guy panicked.

-Is that so? -I asked sarcastically.

-Of course! Now, I have some work to do!