34. Long Drives

The next morning everybody wakes up around 8 and by 9 we are all packed up and ready to leave. Aria mind linked Dante after our discussion yesterday and told him we would be coming. He didn't tell my family that I was coming, just that James was bringing Aria back with some business to discuss.

In our car James sits in the back with me while Cole drives. We put on of our suitcases up in the passenger seat along with some snacks. Its roughly an hour or two drive but James still tries to get me to eat often and he always has me eating snacks, even if I'm not that hungry. I am closer to being to a healthy weight. Not all the way there, but it's progress.

We all get in our cars and James makes sure I buckle my seat belt. And after he puts his arm around me and turns me so I am leaning into his side with my back to him. He draws small circles across my hip while his arm is slung across my stomach.

A couple minutes later we get on the highway and are headed off to see my family. My nerves skyrocket.

I wish I could say I slept through the entire car ride, or I was singing along to music and talking with James and I wasn't spending my time dwelling on the fact that I was about to go see the woman who tried to have me killed.

But thats exactly what I did.

I spent the first hour worrying about what Aunt Molly is going to do when she sees me again.

I spent the second hour wondering what my family is going to do when they see me again.

The car ride didn't take as long as I would have liked it to, and before I know it the two hours has flown by and we are pulling into the familiar pack house, that I haven't seen in ten years.

"Baby?" I look over to James to see him looking at me, concern written all over his face.

I look back out the front window to see the others in the cars in front of us are all out and are talking in their groups and looking at our car. I notice Cole has gotten out and he is standing next to car on my side with his arms folded. I feel more comforted knowing he is there to protect me, it is his job. I haven't really given him the opportunity to be my guard, mainly because I am always with Hazel or James.

Now that I think about it I don't really know anything about Cole besides his rank in the pack and that he is one of the best fighters. I feel bad he hasn't been able to be around me, but I hope he understands it's nothing personal, I just need to get to know him first, then I should be okay around him. I put that down on my list of things to do after we go home.

Home.

Now I am thinking of James' pack as my pack too.

"Because they are sweetheart" James whispers in my ear, while pulling me closer to the side of his body. He must have been listening to my inner rambling, "are you ready baby? Dante has the family inside wondering why I escorted my sister back myself with three cars. They are worried" he gives me a small kiss on the cheek while I am back to staring down the front of the house.

"Let's go" I whisper quietly.

James gets out of the car first and gently helps me out. We walk towards the other and Rose and Hazel send me reassuring smile and I try to give a small smile, realizing it probably came out as a grimace. I look to both sides and I realize James is on one side of me and Cole is on the other. I look at Cole and he glances down at me and I give him a small smile to which he smiles back. I definitely need to make more of an effort with him.

I turn and face the front of the house and start walking. With the two boys on either side of me, and the rest following behind, I slowly walk towards my childhood home, and my family.

*I know you all can't wait to see what goes down when she meets up with her famiily again and I'm so sorry, this is just a filler chapter. I am working on the next chapter right after posting this. I am a senior in high school and right now with finishing everything up with getting all of my forms in for college and picking orientation days and doing scholarship stuff along with managing my schools baseball team I just have SO much going on. I know I hate it when people don't update for weeks and I wont make you guys wait any longer than necessary so the next chapter will hopefully be up by wednesday! Vote and Comment if you like this book so far! Thank a bunch <3!**