4. Hazel

When I wake up all I hear is the beeping of a machine and low sounds of voices from the hall.

"Is she up yet?" I recognize the voice as the big man who carried me from the woods.

"No Alpha James. I gave her some sedatives a couple hours back, she is still recovering. Even when she recovers from the wound on her leg, she isn't out of the woods yet. She is highly malnourished and has little, to no muscle on her body. Wherever she was she was not allowed out much, if ever. I am surprised she ran as long as she did without tiring," says the doctor. I also recognize him from the woods.

"Is there anything else wrong Richard?"

" She has minor cuts and bruises but those should heal soon. But there is something else you should know, and you have to be calm about this" says the doctor, I can hear the worry in his voice.

"What is it?"

"Wherever she was it wasn't by her own will. The bruises on her ankles and wrists show signs of her being tied down and with the amount of scars Showing for a very long time. Whatever trauma she has endured is probably was causes her psychological issues."

"What did they do to her?" I hear the big guys voice boom.

"I'm not sure, but she has been through a lot. There is no medical reason for her silence; I believe she can speak, but chooses not. Also I think she maybe be a teenager, but with her body so malnourished and her growth stunted, I couldn't really be sure about her exact age."

"I just don't understand what happened to her and I want her to talk to me. I'm her mate she should feel some type of pull by now. She must know what we mean to  each other." I hear the big guy moving towards the room. I jump out of the bed looking for a way, any way, out of this room.

When the guys at the cabin got angry it was bad, sometimes I wasn't sure if they would kill me and there were a couple times I had come so close to death.

I wasn't about to go through that again when I got a chance at freedom.

I looked for a window or a door but there were no windows, but there was a second door.

When I stood up I gasped at the pain in my leg. When I looked down I realized I was in one of those hospital gowns and I could see the bottom half of my shin.

There were stitches going all of my leg but it looked like it was healing rather quickly. The worst part was my thigh, I think it ripped open because I felt blood trail down my leg.

I  heard the door knob start to turn and I panicked; not knowing what else to do I ran into the next room only to find it was a bathroom. I jumped in the shower hiding behind the curtain.

Now, I am not an idiot, I knew he would find me.

But this gave me time to mentally prepare for whatever beating I was about to receive. I took deep breaths in and out while waiting. I heard him walking around the room and the sound of his footsteps got closer.

The shower curtain flew back and there stood the big guy, visibly angry and slightly panicked.

I cower away hoping he will just leave, but knowing he won't. When he sees me crying and looking at him he gets this confused look across his face.

"Why did you hide?" his voice calms me down for a couple seconds before someone else bursts through the bathroom door. When I look over it's a girl who looks to be about twenty.

"What are you doing James?!" She practically yells at him.

"I-I don't know Hazel! I came to see how she was and she ran," he said while frowning. 

For some reason it makes me upset to see him upset but that makes no sense and just confuses me. I watch them both carefully while also looking around me. There is a window in the shower stall but its so small and so high I don't think I could fit. Realizing they are between me and my only exit,  I look back to Hazel and the big guy.

Somewhere in this time I stopped crying. I was watching Hazel yell at James.

"Maybe it's because you came charging in here like a bull James! She hasn't had the best couple of days so maybe a huge guy running after her could have been what scared her!?" She rolls her eyes and looks at me "Hi I'm Hazel, don't worry I'm not going to hurt you and neither will he," she said pointing at the James guy, James let out a small growl that I whimpered and curled into a ball again

"James stop that! You are scaring her again!" She yelled at him.

It's kind of a funny sight seeing this huge guy being yelled at by such a small girl. Hazel is only a couple inches taller that me, with blonde hair and, of course, hazel eyes.

When I look back at James he looks sad again realizing what happened.

"Go find Dave and I will get her cleaned up" Hazel says.

As James walks out the door I get a little sad watching him leave but again reminding myself that I shouldn't feel bad for him.

*Vote or Comment!<3*