12. Sooner or Later

"Grace? What's wrong?" James is looking at me.

I don't say anything. I mean if he is going to touch me like they did he might as well just do it. Perfect timing too because now I am injured and I can't fight back.

What I never seem to understand is why I cry every time. You would think it gets easier, less hurtful somehow.

But every time kills me over and over again.

I just close my eyes with tears running down my face and wait. After a couple seconds I feel something on my cheek. I look up and see him staring down at me, wiping my tears away with his thumb and a profound sadness in his eyes.

"Princess I don't know whats going on in the head of yours, and trust me I wish I did, but whatever it is I hope you know I would never hurt you. You are my life now princess and I want to make you happy" he now has tears in his eyes "i just don't know how" he mumbles the last part but I still hear it anyways.

"Princess I'll be down stairs finishing the dishes and cleaning and maybe when I get back up we can watch a movie or something?" he then hesitates before getting up "princess i know you are still hurt and I don't know who did it or why but we need to talk sometime soon. If that means you writing it down or me guessing, I don't care, but there are some things you have to tell me" and with that he gets up and walks out of the room with me looking at him dumbfounded.

Minutes later I am falling asleep with his smell surrounding me and the picture of him smiling from yesterday in my mind.
----
Something is really hot surrounding me. I can feel myself burning up.

I open my eyes to see a shirt next to me. And somebody is wearing this shirt.

I try to scoot back and realize there is an arm around the back of my body. When I look around I see that I am curled in a ball on the side of James with his arm around the back of me keeping me in a cocoon under his armpit.

Well I guess I'm pretty small and he is close to the incredible hulk.

I look towards the window and see the sun start to go down making it around later afternoon.

I look at James' face and see his eyes are closed and he is still sleeping. The way our bodies are positioned feels, safe. Like he is protecting anything from getting to me. While I watch him sleep, creepily, I realize he isn't all that scary when he is relaxed.

I uncurl my arm from around my legs and reach out to touch the shirt on his side. I press my small palm into his side and he stirs underneath me. When I look back up he is staring directly at me and I get lost in his eyes.

Moments like this are what confuse me. Men are scary. Men do bad things. But James isn't scary. James isn't mean. And James doesn't do bad things, that I know about.

"Princess we need to talk" tears come to my eyes and I shake my head no while burying myself back into his side."If you don't want to talk to me thats fine, I understand. But sooner or later you are going to have to talk to someone about what happened. All I know right now is that I found you in the woods near death, you are very underweight and unhealthy and you look like you have been through too much for someone your age. I mean I don't even know how old you are. All i know is that your name is Grace and thats it."

When I look up into his eyes I realize his eyes have turn black again. I reach out and touch his side again and they start to dim back to brown. He looks down at me and I just shake my head no, not today.

"Okay that's fine, but soon" I nod my head and lay back down curled into his side. Maybe he will be nice to me after all.

*Vote or Comment!<3*