37. Wake up Sleeping Beauty

*This is back to Grace's POV!

-Grace-

For the longest time all I could see was black. I felt like I was suspended somewhere, lost perhaps. But no matter how hard I tried I couldn't control anything, I couldn't even feel my own body. I was just suspended in the black void of nothingness.

It felt like hours but was probably much shorter than that, before I could feel myself being pulled towards something. Suddenly I felt like I was being rushed back and a bright light soon shot out at me before it all stopped.

I could feel my body again but I couldn't move. I couldn't hear or register anything around me as I tried to open my eyes, do anything.

I sat there for a little bit before I realised I was laying down on a bed.

The next thing I tried was to feel any of my limbs.

In my left hand it felt like something warm was wrapped around my hand.

My right hand was just laying limp by my side.

I again tried to move or open my eyes at all but that seemed to tire me out too much. So I settled on trying to listen and see if I can understand anything going on around me.

I think I heard three distinct muffled voices and as I focused they became clearer and clearer.

"..don't understand. If she were fine she would have been up by now, it's been a week!" I hear someone on my left saying. It sounded like a man and he sounded familiar. Another male voice to my right answered.

"I know James but she is stable. That is a good sign. The doctors said it might take time for her body to completely heal the trauma and her mental state might not be the best after everything she has been through and now this. You have to give her time to heal both mentally and physically" the man said. Were they talking about me? James sounded familiar..

James? James...James..James! My mate James who saved me! All of my memories all the way up to right as I passed out, after being stabbed by my aunt, came rushing back.

Now knowing I had been out a week I wanted to get up! See my family! See James! I never even got to see Adeline! She wasn't there!

"I know I just worry so much about what it will be like for her when she has to come back and deal with all of this" he says as he lets out a sigh, I can feel him rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand in a comforting way.

This motivates me to try again to open my eyes and right as I can feel them fluttering another voice talks.

"And thats what you are her mate for James. She has you and all of us to help her through everything" I hear James mutter out a yeah and then the talking stops. The feminine voice sounds so familiar, but yet not familiar? Do I know her?

Might as well find out.

I try harder this time and I can feel my eye fluttering and they open a little bit before I am staring at a bright light above me. I close my eyes and move my head to the side and let out a small groan.

"Grace?!" I hear James next to me, "Come on baby open your eyes for me Grace" He is now standing and I can feel him closer to me than before. I turn my head his way and open my eyes a bit and blink rapidly so I can adjust to the lights before I am staring into his gorgeous eyes.

I give him a small smile and squeeze his hand a little.

"Aw baby I am so glad you are okay" James leans his head into mine so out foreheads and touching and he closes his eyes.

"How long have I been here?" I question quietly, my voice a little raspy.

"A little over a week princess, everyone was so worried about you, how do you feel?" he opens his eyes and back up looking me over.

"Uhm thirsty" I say with a small smile. He smiles at me and kisses my forehead and I am handed a cup of water from the right of me. I look over to see Cole standing next to me holding a girls hand. She looks vaguely familiar and she gives me a small smile with tears in her eyes.

I drink the entire cup of water before handing it back to Cole. He puts it on the counter and they all turn and look at me again.

"Baby, how do you really feel?" I look over to see James looking really woried. I shift slightly in the bed taking inventory of what hurts and what doesn't. When my torso moves I suck in a sharp breath of pain.

James holds my hand a little tighter and panics a little more.

"What is it Grace?" he asks frantic.

"It's nothing, my body is just sore and my side hurts when I move it. It's not a big deal really I'm fine" I try to reassure him but he can probably see the pain in my eyes.

"Grace don't lie to me. I know if hurt more than just a little, you go stabbed with a kitchen knife!" he says exasperated. I wince at the memory and James notices.

"I'm sorry baby, please you just need to tell me how it really feels okay?" he says with a small smile which I return.

"Well it still hurts a lot" I say in a small voice.

"Okay I can get the doctor in here and see what she says okay? I don't want you in pain" he says while turning to Cole.

"No! Who is she?! No please don't bring somebody else in here please James, I don't know her, please I don't want to meet anybody else!" I feel myself panicking and I can't breathe. My right hand flies and grabs onto James lower arm tightly as he is still holding my left hand.

"Hey, hey! Grace look at me." James says firmly and I look over to him, still not breathing correctly, or barely at all.

"She will not hurt you do you understand me? I will be here and so will Cole. Nothing bad will ever happen do you understand?" he says in a quiet voice while stroking my hair with one hand and holding both of my hands in the other "Nobody will hurt you. You are safe. You are okay. I'm here." he keeps repeating those words as I slowly feel myself calm down.

I look up at James and nod and take a deep breath. I look over to make sure Cole is still here when I noticed the girl next to him has a lone tear going down her face.

"I'm sorry, uh who are you? Do I know you?" I ask quietly.

"Ahhh-yeah Grace about that, she-uh- this is my mate-" Cole says looking nervous.

"Oh thats nice" I whisper, if she is Cole's mate she must be nice, but she looks so familiar,

"Grace here's the thing, my mate is-"

Cole gets cut off as a woman with a white coat come through the room.

"Grace! it's so nice to see you awake!