35. Confrontation

**OKAY you guys are awesome! I literally got 6 votes on the last chapter in 4 hours! That's awesome!! So normally I would write it, and then go back the next day and read it over to get a fresh look at it and change the things I didn't like.

But since you guys are so awesome, I will upload this today and not make you wait until Wednesday! I have only gotten double digit votes for one other chapter so do you guys think you could try and do that again for this chapter? It is so motivating when you guys vote and Comment! The more votes and comments and I will definitely try to have the next chapter uploaded by Wednesday! Thanks a bunch!!**

As we walk up to the door, Aria and her parents walk in the door, followed by Hazel, Dave, Rose and Jackson.

As I am standing in the threshold, I realize I am actually going to see my family. The family I haven't seen in ten years. The thought gives me mixed emotions.

I walk through and James stands in front of me while Cole stands directly behind me but not close enough to be touching me. James right hand is back on my waist keeping me pressed into his back. I can feel my heart rate pick up as I smell the familar smells of my old pack and the pack house.

Tears well in my eyes but I refuse to let them drop. I fist my hands into James' shirt and press my self closer into his back. He notices and give my hip a small reassuring squeeze.

I look to the right and left and see the doorways and the stairs. If I remember correctly, the stairs should be straight ahead and curve to the right as you can see the balcony of the first floor. The massive dining room should be on the left where it connects to the kitchen. And there is also a door directly to the kitchen to the right of the stairs. Another door on the right goes to hallways of doors and rooms and offices.

I peak around behind James and realize it is all still the same and I also notice everyone that came looking at me with sympathy. I give them all a small smile and go back behind James. I take a deep breathe and inhale his scent as I hear a bunch of footsteps coming from the kitchen.

"Oh Aria! It's so nice that you are back! And how lovely of your family and friends to visit. Does everyone want to stay for lunch? Some of the ladies and I are cooking a big lunch right now" as I hear her voice, the tears I tried to stop earlier, spill over and I hold my breathe so she doesn't hear me behind James.

"Uh Lilliana there is kind of something we need to talk about, Is Leo or Dante around? Dante said he is here" I hear Aria say.

"Y-yeah sweetie. They were just in Dante's office I believe. I just linked Leo when I left the kitchen. They will be here any second" before I register what she said, the door on the right of us opens and there stands my dad, right next to Dante, and staring directly at me.

"N-no" he whipers taking a step forward, tears in his eyes, "i-it it can't be" he takes another step forward and I take a small one back. He is my dad, but I can't help it, it's a reflex.

"Honey what are you talking about?" I hear my mom walking closer and she goes to step next to my dad but Cole moves in front of me blocking them from my view, and vice versa.

I take deep breaths trying to calm myself down but I can feel myself getting worked up. James also moves to stand in front of me and I can somewaht here him talking to my parents as I try and breathe.

In. Out. In. Out.

"...where you are. Do not approach her and I will move, are we clear? I know how difficult this must be but you need to trust me that you will scare her if you move too quickly." I look up at the end of James' speech and he looks over his shoulder at me.

I nod my head and him and Cole both take a step or two to the side and right in front of me are my parents, holding each other with tears in their eyes.

"Grace? Honey, is it really you?" my mom asks, her voice cracking at the end. I slowly nod my head and wipe the tears that are mercilessly falling down my face.

My mom breaks down into a sob and my dad is standing wordlessly beside her, his arms around her and tears in his eyes.

"Hi daddy" I whisper. After that I can't take it anymore, they are my parents, they would never do anything to me. I run into their arms and I can feel both of them wrap their arms around me and hug me tightly.

We sit there in each others arms while me and my mom are crying and I can hear my dad holding back his sobs.

"Aw Pumpkin" my dad says after a couple minutes, "where have you been?" he whispers the last part and we break the hug and just look at each other. I look over my shoulder at James and I see the unshed tears in his eyes. I walk back over to him and I grab his hand in mine.

He uses his other hand to wipe the tears off my face and talks to me in my mind.

'Are you okay, is this too much?' he asks while I can see the worry in his eyes.

'I'm fine right now, thank you' I smile at him and then turn to face my parents.

"Thats a lot to explain, and we will get to it later, but right now all you need to know is that James is my mate, and he saved me" I finish looking up at him with a smile on my face.

I give his hand a squeeze which he returns while grinning at me and we both turn to look at my parents again. I see everyone off to the left of James either looking in awe or with tears in their eyes.

I see my dads eyes switch behind me, and then him yelling "NO!" as a sharp pain comes to my right side.

I take a deep breathe in and the pain spread to my entire abdomen and up my entire body as I feel myself sway on my feet. I gasp for breath wondering whats wrong.

I look down to see a knife protruding from my side with a hand attached to it. I look up to see that that hands, belongs to none other than my Aunt Molly, with an evil smirk on her face,

"You should have stayed gone" she yanks the knife out and I faintly hear myself let out a small whimper.

I feel myself fall to the floor but before I make impact there are strong arms around me and they gently lower me to the floor.

I look up and I see James looking down at me with tears in his eye. I start to feel light headed and woozy, probably from loosing blood and I can hear crashes and doors banging open as I stare up at James

"..baby, GRACE! Can you hear me? Stay with me baby, come on don't close your eyes on my baby. No! Grace! NO! Stay awake!" thats the last I hear before I close my eyes and give into the darkness.

*AHHH cliffhanger! Some of you are gonna hate that! What do you think will happen next?!?! Hmm should next chapter be James' point of view of keep it with Grace? Let me know what you guys want! Vote and comment if you like it!<3!*