10. Just Breathe

When I look up again the man just sits on the ground across from me. Confused I just stare blankly at him.

"I am not going to hurt you Gracie and I am-" when i hear that nickname I lose it and start crying again. He is just like them.

I start breathing heavy and before I know it, I my throat feels like its closing and I am gasping for breath-

"Grace what is it?! Grace princess you have to breathe!" my vision starts going blurry and I think I am starting to see black dots everywhere.

"GRACE LOOK AT ME!" a deep voice booms at me, I look over to wear it is and see James sitting under me now. Under me? When did he get over here.

"Grace look at me right now. Breathe in and out, look at me, watch me, nothing is going to get you. You are safe" his voice is so comforting. I listen to him trying to breathe in and out as he says it.

A couple minutes later my breathing is back under control and I am still staring up at him into his face. His deep chocolate eyes are staring right back at me.

I scramble to get off of his lapp and I scoot back until I realize my back is now against the bed. Damn where is the door.

"Grace?" he says. He goes to come towards me but i start panicking again and look for the door. It must be on the other side of this bed. I see the door to the bathroom and wonder if I can make it there before him.

Deciding I might as well give it a shot I am up and running towards the bathroom while I hear him mutter curses while running after me. I get in but before I can shut the door he sticks his foot in the door way and stops it just six inches before it closes.

I try and push it closed until I realize James is the size of the Hulk.

I just back up and wait for him to come in. He slowly opens the door but doesn't come in. He just stares at me looking sad and upset. I stare back confused.

What is he doing? Why am I not being punished?

"Grace I am not going to hurt you. I will take however long to prove that to you but I am also not going to leave you alone"

I just nod my head. I know he is lying but a part of me wants to believe everything he is saying.

"Do you want to go get some breakfast? It's still early, about 5 I think but I can make you something if you want?" I just nod my head. I figure either I walk, or he drags me. I prefer the former.

He starts walking looking back to make sure I am following. This continues all the way down stairs. After the first three flights of stairs, I quickly start to get tired and run out of breathe. I sit on the steps and about 6 steps later he turns around and sees me sitting.

"Do you want help?" he starts walking back up but i scoot back up a couple step.

"Okay, okay we can take a break" he sits down about ten steps below me. "So do you want pancakes or eggs or some cereal?" I shrug my shoulders. I haven't had eggs or cereal since before but the guys always mad me make them pancakes.

I actually enjoyed cooking because it was the only time I was off limits for them to hurt.

I stand up and he asks if I am okay and I just nod my head. We make it all the way down stairs and into the kitchen. Why is everything in this house so dang big?!

"I can make pancakes if you want? Those are easy." he says while walking around the kitchen. I walk over to him as he is turning on the skillet and touch his arm. He jumps and I jump back while looking down.

Shit I shouldn't have done that. I begin to turn to run but he wraps his arms around my waist before I can.

"Grace what's wrong? I'm not going to hurt you just look at me." I turn around in his arms and he is looking down at me confused. "What did you need Grace?" he asks.

I grab his arms from around my waist and undo them and hold his hand. I look down at his massive hand engulfing mine. Before he can do anything i tug his towards the counter where the seats are and sit him down in one.

I then walk over and begin getting all of the stuff for pancakes and finishing getting it ready. I can feel his gaze on me the entire time and a couple minutes later he begins to speak.

"Grace, I can do that you know. You don't have to" he begins to stand up and i hold my hand up and shake my head no. He sits back down.

Ten minutes later I have the pancakes done and the kitchen is a little messy. I put a stack of pancakes on a plate and give them to James while I begin to clean the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" he asks. I stare back at the countertops confused. Cleaning?

"No Grace make yourself a plate and come eat." I grab one pancake and go two seats down from him. He scoots down so we are only one chair away and puts one of his pancakes on my plate."You are going to eat more Grace, you need to princess its not good to eat so little."

I stare at my plater completely confused. All of this for me? Is this a test? Am I actually allowed to eat this much? Thats twice in 24 hours..thats not allowed.

I eat the first pancake and look over to see him munching away on his pancakes looking at me.

"Princess, you better be starting on that second pancake."

*Vote or Comment!<3*