Chapter Nine - January 16, 2013 PT. 2

Colette's POV;

I just finished filling Shay in as Juniper came out of surgery. She was still under the anesthetic and hadn't woken up yet. We were allowed in the room and after thirty minutes she woke up, dazed and confused. 

"Momma?" she yelled softly before louder. "MOMMA?!"

I rushed to her side carefully and rubbed her arm. She groaned and held her stitched up spot. 

"Owwie." she had tears in her eyes.

"It's okay baby, it's okay." I kissed her forehead.

She didn't eat all day and the next morning, Shay and I switched, he previously took Avia home and once I got home I began my daily chores. The kids helped a bit but Avia mostly facetimed Junie. 

"Kids, what do you want for dinner?" I asked heading down into the basement.

"Fwench fwies, wheres Junie?" Brock asked me.

"She's in the hospital Brock." I explained gently.

"Owh." he began to cry but Emmi comforted him, she had been crying a bit too, I mean the risks for the surgery were high and now my three year old daughter is in pain in a hospital bed, I felt like the worst mother ever.

"What about Burger King?" Gavin offered, all the kids agreed because they knew they'd get ice-cream. Once we arrived, the kids all ordered there own foods like normal and we sat down to eat. They all got slushies and ice-cream afterwards.