The Beginning

(Rue's Pov?)

From a young age, Maddy had competed in beauty pageants to great success due to her high-levels of self confidence. But when her mom saw a news report about a pageant coach being arrested, she prohibited Maddy from entering any more pageants. Despite Maddy's initial protest, which was refusing to eat for a week. Maddy began to realize that she enjoyed "not doing anything" and embraced her lack of desire for a career. While studying the rich women that her mother for as a esthetician, Maddy decided that she wanted to be one of them in order to not be trapped in a strained, loveless relationship like her mother and father's.

At some point, Maddy formed a relationship with Nate Jacobs. After watching the 1995 film Casino, Maddy began to idolize after Sharon Stone's portrayal of Ginger McKenna, a rich showgirl who used her looks and wits to manipulate men into supporting her wealth. With her in mind, Maddy learned how to convince Nate into buying her expensive stuff by making him feel powerful and confident, partially via sex. She watched porn to analyze the performers and their techniques. Though she never gained arousal from doing so.

Maddy and Nate's relationship was complicated. They took lots breaks, and during which Maddy would find herself hooking up with other guys, including a DJ who said he opened for Calvin Harris, a stockbroker with a family, and a roller rink owner. She disliked Nate's volatile personality, and feared that one day it would lead to him hurting her; despite this, she knew that she would still continue to love him regardless of his actions, a fact that made her "sick to her stomach".

At some point, she became a cheerleader for the East Highland cheer leading squad, alongside with Cassie Howard.

Soon enough she had convinced Y/n to follow in her footsteps. Since she was only 2 years younger then Maddy, being 15 and in freshman year, Maddy had convinced her to try out for a cheerleader.

Y/n was a good person. She was kind, caring, and stayed away from drugs and alcohol(most of the time). And she was a good friend. Although there was this one time that me and Lexi went to her place and walked in while she had OD. But you'll find out about that later.

(Y/n Pov)

"Soooo, what do you think?" Maddy asked me happily, shimming her shoulder against mine. Me and Maddy have just gotten our nails done for the new school year. Even though we were already a few weeks into school. I giggled and looked at her "I think they're pretty cool, though I do feel like I should of gotten them shorter". Maddy laughed, "If you've gotten them any shorter then the whole point for the fake tips would be useless".

I shrugged my shoulders, "Your right". We walked out of the nail salon to Nate's car. He was the one to bring us here since Maddy convinced him to, he was also the one paying for this too. We were halfway to his car when someone suddenly put an arm around Maddy's shoulder. She jumped slightly and looked to her side, "What the fuck?!" she exclaimed. It was Nate.

He looked down at Maddy and smirked, "Hey Maddy". She lightly smacked Nate's chest, "You asshole!". Nate laughed and I chuckled. I didn't really have a problem with Nate, well except for the fact that him and Maddy's relationship was on and off. Maddy and Nate continued to talk to each other while we walked to Nate's car. When we were at the car, I got into the backseat, while Maddy got into the passenger seat, and Nate in the driver seat.

He started the car and drove us back home. And by us I mean me, cause Maddy will probably go and stay at Nates for the night. But I don't think Mom will let her since it's Sunday and we have school tomorrow. But Maddy will probably find some sort of way to get to Nate's. I leaned my head against the window while listening to Maddy and Nate talk. They were mostly just talking about they're plans for the week and flirting. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window.

"Hey, Y/n" Nate said, looking in the mirror to look back at me. I sat back up and looked at him, "Yeah?". He looked back at the road and asked me "How's school going?". I looked down at my hands, examining my nails, "It's going pretty good. I made friends and my grades are doing good". "That's good" he replied. Maddy turned in her seat and looked back at me, "Anyone bothering you?" she asked. I looked and her, "There is this one guy that is in a few of my classes. His name is Alex". She raised a brow, "You mean Alex Collins?". I looked back at my hands "Yep" I said, popping the p, "That's the one".

"How's he bothering you?" she asked, facing back at the road. I leaned back into my seat, "He likes me. He keeps on asking me out and I keep on telling him no, but he still continues to ask. I don't mind, but it does get annoying every now and then". "Well you tell me if he ever hurts you, and I will beat his ass" Maddy said. I chuckled, "What ever you say Mads".

-------------------------------------------------------
A/n: Hi! So I am making this story out of pure bordem just like all of my other ones. Anyways I hoped you liked this chapter. Sorry if there were any Grammer mistakes. And make sure to eat something and drink water. If the beginning looks familiar it's cause I liked how cryingoutloudlaug did they're beginning