Nicknames

(Y/n Pov)

I woke up to someone knocking loudly on my door. "Wake up! We have school today!". The person on the other side walked in and started to shake me. "Get up Y/n! Nates gonna drive us to school". It was Maddy.

I groaned and slowly opened my eyes, "I'm up". "Good. Now hurry up and get ready" she said, walking out of my room and shutting the door behind her. I stretched my arms and legs before getting out of bed. I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I went back to my room and changed into different clothes. I then sat down on the chair by my vanity and started to do my make-up and hair. After that I put on my shoes and grabbed my bag and phone.

I walked out of my room and walked outside. I saw Nate's truck parked my the sidewalk. I walked over and got into the backseat, "Hey Nate". He looked back at me, "Hey Y/n. Is Maddy almost done?". I nodded my head, "Yeah".

As soon I said that Maddy walked out and sat in the front seat. "Hey Nate" she said, kissing his cheek. "Hey" he replied. I rolled my eyes and leaned my head against the window. Maddy and Nate talked to each other on the way to school. Nate tried to get me into the conversation but I didn't really want to talk to him.

Sometimes I think that he's just nice to me, so that way I don't get in between him and Maddy whenever they break up and have problems with eachother.

Anyways, we made it to school after a few minutes. I thanked Nate for the ride and got out. I walked in the hallway to my first class, hoping that Ash was going to be there. Then I felt someone jump on my back.

"Suprise!". It was my friend, Evelyn. We both laughed and she got off my back and started to walk next to me. "How come you weren't here yesterday?" she asked. "I went to a party Sunday night and I didn't feel good the next day" I explained.

"Oh. I thought you skipped with your boyfriend or something" she said. I looked at her confused and stopped walking, "Boyfriend?". She stopped walking too and looked back at me, "Yeah. Fezco's younger brother? Ashtray? Aren't you dating him?".

I shook my head, "No. Who told you that?". We continued to walk through the halls. "Your sister did" she answered.

I groaned, "We're not even dating. Do you know if she told anyone else that?". She shook her head, "No, she didn't tell anyone else. I think. But she did tell me to not tell anyone". I nodded my head, "Okay. Um...I have to get to class though. I'll see you later".

"Okay" she said hugging me. I hugged her back and we both went to our class. My first class was english. I walked into the classroom and saw a new seating chart on the board. I rolled my eyes and walked to it, looking for where my new seat is.

I looked and saw that I was sitting next to Ashtray. I got a little excited and went to sit where my spot was. I put my stuff beside me on the floor and waited for class to start. Right before the bell rang Ash came running into the room.

The teacher gave him a stern look and he smiled sheepishly while walking up to the teacher. The teacher told him something while pointing at me. He turned around and came and sat down in the seat next to me.

He put his stuff on the floor next to him and looked at me. "Hey" he whispered. "Hi" I whispered back. Th teacher stood in front of the class and started to talk about how we have a project, and that the person sitting next to us will be our partner for it.

She told us that the project was a 2 page essay with a poster about someone famous. Ash rolled his eyes whenever he heard 2 page essay. The teacher told us that she has supplies for the posters for when we need it and sat down at her desk.

I looked at Ash, "I am not doing this whole thing by myself". He groaned, "What if you do the essay and I do the poster?". I thought about it for a minute. "Nope" I said. "How come?" he asked. "Because I don't want to write a 2 page essay, just for you to make a crappy poster!" I told him.

He looked at me, pretending to be shocked and gasped, "Are you calling me a bad artist?". I giggled, "Well your not exactly Picasso, are you?".

(Ashtray Pov)

I chuckled, "Your right. But that doesn't mean that I can't make a poster". Y/n was about to say something but then the teacher spoke. "Y/n and Ashtray please save your flirting for lunch time".

Everyone looked at us and some quietly chuckled. Y/n shifted in her seat and looked down at her lap. "Alright guys that's enough. Now get back to work" the teacher said.

Y/n looked backs to me and I softly smile at her. "You good, ma?" I whispered. I didn't know if she would like the nickname or not. But I hope that she's okay with it.

I noticed her cheeks turn a slight pink. Yep. She definitely likes the nickname. I smirked and leaned my head against my hand. She nodded her head, "Yeah. I'm good. We should get started on the project though".

I sat back up straight, "Yeah I guess". We started to talk about who we were gonna do the project about, and after a bit we decided on Tupac. Well actually I did, but I convinced Y/n. She wanted to do Anne Frank, but I told her that some other people were probably already gonna do her.

"So do you wanna hang out after school today and start?" she asked. I nodded my head, "Sure". The bell rang and we grabbed our stuff and walked out the room.

(Y/n Pov)

"What's your next class?" I asked Ash. "I have science. What about you?" he answered. "I have that class too" I say happily. "Really? Cause I don't see you in there" he replies. I softly chuckle, "That's probably cause your always skipping classes". He chuckles, "Your right".

We started to walk to our class. Ash looked at me, "We can skip if you want". I rolled my eyes, "We are not skipping. What if there's a new assignment we have to do?". He shrugged his shoulders, "Well well just find out the next day".

"Well...how about we skip tomorrow? So that way we know what we have to do and we won't have to worry about getting caught". He nodded his head, "Whatever you say ma".

I softly giggled, "What's with the nickname?". "What you don't like it?" Ash asked quickly. I shook my head, "No, I do. It just surprised me that's all". "Oh okay" he said.

"Does that mean I get to give you a nickname?" I asked. He nodded his head, "Yeah sure".

"How does Ashy sound?"

"Hell no"

"Buzzcut?"

"Nope"

"Aw come on!" I said laughing. "You are not calling me either of those!" he replied.

"How about Ash?" I ask.

He looks at me, "That sounds good".

-------------------------------------------------------
A/n: Sorry if the ending seemed weird. I didn't know how else to do it. Also sorry for any grammer mistakes. And thank you guys for 8k+ views and 160+ votes💖! I swear whenever I read your guy's comments and see how many people have saw this, it give me motivation.