Chapter 5 : Idols, A bear and A chicken sandwich

-[ (L/n) Residence          9:00 A.M. ]-

(Y/n)'s POV

I woke up at 9 today, that's pretty late... They say "early bird catches the worms" but I don't eat worms for breakfast so that's totally fine. My shift starts in the afternoon, so why get up early anyway?

I slowly get up from my bed as I prepare myself for the day.

.

.

.

I walk down the stairs and look around the house to see if anybody is home. Someone is sitting on the old couch, watching TV.

(Y/n) : Vince, you up?

I greet him in a sleepy voice, but no respond from the man. Maybe he's focusing on the TV.

(Y/n) : You're watching something?

I asked again while continue to walk down the stairs. Again, no answer. What the hell could he be watching?

I walked up behind the couch and watch the TV along with him.

It was a generic everyday game show. But it is a special episode featuring an idol group, So they start the episode by having them perform their songs. Their songs sounds very bright and up beat, as expect of an idol band. The thing that makes them stand out from other idol bands is that they play instruments on their own. And they're pretty good at it too.

Vincent is here watching them perform while happily boppin' his head along with the beat. Since when did he into idols?

(Y/n) : Since when that you're into idols?

He flinched, not noticing my presence until now.

Vincent : (Y-Y/n)!?

He quickly changes the channel to a sport channel where a game of American football is showing.

Vincent : Mornin' (Y/n)! The breakfast's in the fridge!

(Y/n) : I saw everything.

I said with a straight face.

Vincent : Yeah... Should've known...

He also responds with a straight face while changing the channel back to the idols. I then lift myself and hop from behind the couch to sit besides him.

(Y/n) : I didn't know you are into idols before.

Vincent : I don't have tell you about everything I like, am I?

Yeah... that makes sense.

Vincent : Y'know, man. Life sucks. Gotta cheer myself up somehow.

He said while continues to bop his head to the music once again.

(Y/n) : I think I've seen them a several time in TV shows and commercials, I guess they are pretty big.

Vincent : I don't know about that, but I know that they've been growing in popularity recently, and they deserved it.

Vincent said with a big smile, But it is followed by a sigh afterward.

Vincent : *Sigh...* If only they could perform somewhere around here... I would love to watch them live...

That sentence gave me a bright idea. I quickly look at Vincent with an excited face.

Vincent : What?

(Y/n) : What's their band name again?

.

.

.