Chapter 8: We Abandoned Sonic...Now We're Gonna Make It Up To Him!

Team Shadow gathered up in Green Hill Zone, they were using Sonic's base again, since apparently it was still way more hidden as like last time. The main shock was that it turned out that Sonic was Shade and was in his dark form, showing how much he was hurt.

"I'm scared, Silver..." said Blaze, holding her boyfriend's arm.

"It's so hard to believe..." said Tails, "...I-I mean...look...Sonic and Eggman...friends?!"

"We're really in trouble, now..." said Cream.

"So...he..." said Shadow, "...he betrayed us?"

"No..." said Knuckles, "...we betrayed him...we left him...he didn't leave us...we left him...all alone...not to mention that he "died" alone...would make sense...he thought he knew us...but our assuming minds made him believe that he doesn't even know us anymore..."

"Not to mention that we can barely see the hero we saw who saved a train about a year ago...he faded away..."

"I wished him away..." said Tails, "...it's all my fault...and now we just can't leave him...not again..."

"We're taking Sonic back!" shouted Knuckles, "We're going straight for the Egg Fortress in the Eggman Empire and putting Team Sonic back together! Who's with me?"

"I am..." said Tails, "...I'm not gonna let everything me and Sonic did together slip away just like that, again!"

"We're coming to!" said everyone else.

A Week Later...

It was two days before Sonic's birthday today, and the Team was gonna bring the birthday boy home. With his friends, that's if he forgives them. 

"It's time I face my guilt." said Tails as he sat down, "Keep me protected."

The whole team nodded and began to defend the fox.  Tails then closed his eyes.

________________________________________________________________________________

He was surrounded by eternal darkness again, just as every dream was like. He then saw the dark fog clear before him, he then saw Sonic come out.

"Foolish idiot," he said, "coming here, unarmed?"

"Not unarmed." said Tails, picking up his light sword.

"You think that is what makes you a hero?!"

"No."

Tails and Sonic's swords of light and darkness clashed and clashed and clashed.

"Hmm..." said Sonic, "...interesting.  But is power the answer?"

Tails' light sword then disappeared, just as Tails wanted it to.  Sonic paused and then swung at Tails' head, but the sword didn't come down.  Sonic then smiled.  He then took on a form very similar to his hyper form.  His glow was rather a very dim and faded glow.

"Who..." said Tails, looking very confused, "...who are you now?"

"I am Light Sonic." said Light Sonic, "My light is very dim because of all the hatred growing within me.  I am the last of the lightside of your friend."

Light Sonic then began to walk away.

"Remember..." said the Hedgehog of Light, "...the path ahead will NOT be easy, good luck."

________________________________________________________________________________

Then Tails woke up.  He signaled the team with a weak smile, meaning that all was right now. They smashed open the huge pair of doors, and everyone saw infinite armies of robots inside, Knuckles and Tails pounced and swiped their enemies together, Blaze and Silver tore apart and burned the robots to crisps and pieces, Shadow used chaos spear as Amy used her piko piko hammer to smash and slice right through their enemies.