Chapter 6: Team Shadow Learns Their Inner Darkness

Emerl tried to use its scanners, but they were failing, the darkness then cleared, no sign of Team Shadow.  Emerl then saw Cream heading from the gates of the fortress.

"Emerl!" she cried out, "Emerl, are you okay?!"

Emerl just shuddered, not knowing the answer to her question.  The darkness returned and swalloed the duo.  They then found themselves in a factory. Emerl readied its duel cannons.  It told Cream to hide.  It then saw two hands grab its arm, it was Shade.  

Emerl head butted the black hedgehog and began to throw him towards a bunch of walls.  Shade then got up and threw Emerl upwards and then leaped up into the air and hammered the robot back down.  Then a he saw a huge gear and shoved Emerl's arm into the gear, crushing it.  

Shade then spotted Cream and began to walk towards her.  He then felt something sharp stab through his ribs, he only winced instead of screaming in pain.  He then pulled it out and began to hit Emerl wildly as it tried to defend itself with one arm.  

Emerl then tried to do a spin dash, a move that belonged to Sonic, and then dashed right for the hedgehog's head, but Shade was too smart to recognize every effect of it as he caught it in mid air with his left hand.

"Just because you were able to copy my moves," he said menacingly, "doesn't mean you can manage my strength no matter how fast you move!"

He then threw Emerl onto a plat form and began to smash it wildly with the sharp bar.  He then stabbed its lower back, already damaging it greatly.  He then went for its heart and ripped it out with his hands right after.  He then looks back at Cream, seeing her frightened eyes.  

"You were the nice one," he said quietly, "so I'll spare you after all."

...

Amy woke up to see that she was in a house, his house.  Her face began to sweat, her frightened face soon vanished as she saw him.

"Hey, Ames." he said, "You okay?"

Could this be a dream? Amy thought, A memory?  She saw that it was Sonic, her Ex-boyfriend.

"I missed you, Amy." said Sonic, as he hugged the pink hedgehog.

"I-I missed you, too." said Amy, slightly feeling a tear as she realized that he hasn't even aged a single day.

"You know...I wish that things could've been different..."

"I-I'm not sure..."

"Until you left me fore Tails..."

Amy felt guilt stab throught her very heart.

"W-well, Sonic..." she said as she looked into Sonic's green eyes, the she saw at a handsome hedgehog she threw away, but she tried to remain on her husband's side, "...I mean...a-after you cheated on-"

"But I always knew that 'we' wouldn't ever become a thing." said Sonic, switching to his face, he didn't even to seem to pay any attention.

"Wait...wh-what?"

"Yeah...'we' would never have been a thing...Eggman was right...our trust was never even a thing."

"W-wait...Eggman-?!"

"I mean...I trusted you with all my heart and it looked like you did the same...but instead...that very day when Sally kissed me...you acted like you never ever trusted me..."

"S-sonic-!"

"And you left me...without letting me even explain."

Amy felt that stab of guilt dig deeper.  She was realizing that she may have ended on the wrong side of the argument.  Sonic was right.  She didn't let him explain.