Chapter 10: Rest

Sonic opened his eyes. He then saw that he was in a room, he had wires that were checking his pulse, attached to the usual stuff you'd find in a hospital, but in a house. He didn't know how long he was out, but then, he saw all of his friends sitting, sleeping in a chair.

"Guys?" he asked, waking his friend up by accident, "You awake-?"

"Sonic!" They all shouted and hugged their best friend, "You're awake!"

"Ack!" shouted Sonic, everyone cleared and revealed the married couple, Tails and Amy. They then jumped onto their favorite blue hero.

"Sonic!" they both cried, hugging Sonic, "You're awake!"

"Aha! Yeah! So I noticed."

They then hugged him again.

"Did you miss us?" they asked.

"Of course I did!" said Sonic, "I'll always miss you guys!"

Everyone then got next and above Sonic's bed and hung in there most of the time, when it came to go to sleep, everyone stayed with Sonic, hugging him, and giving him warmth. 

Shadow and Knuckles played cards at night, Silver and Blaze played video games, Team Chaotix played hide and seek tag, Cream and her mother cooked for their friends, Tails slept on the right side of Sonic's hospital-like bed, hugging his right arm, while Amy slept on his left, hugging his left arm, everyone could see how cute those three where. Before he closed his eyes, he, Tails and Amy were talking.

"It's so weird, you know?" Sonic asked.

"What?" Tails and Amy asked.

"That...tomorrow...I'm gonna step into a world without Eggman...without robots...without war...just...peace...Tails...I think that I could finally spend more time with you as a big brother...and Amy...hehe...I feel like eventually...I'll possibly...settle down...and become an uncle"

"Really Sonic?" They asked.

"Really...now go to sleep, you two...I'll be here when the morning comes..."

Just before going to sleep, Sonic held a picture of him and all of his friends they took earlier in the day. He then looked up, and closed his eyes.

"We're free..." he said.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for Reading!

I hope you liked that!