C8 Condemned to a Beating

Condemned to a Beating

"Have you heard the news? That bastard has actually harnessed a xenogeneic combat power and even used it to kill Lee Si!"

"Lee Si is at a three-star Dou Zhe, a cultivation level higher than ours. How could he have possibly fallen at the hands of that bastard? From what I can recall, he is only at the First Level Body Forging stage! Moreover, he is so lowly, he never had the chance to learn the cultivation technique of our Champion Marquis Mansion!"

"Lee Si's corpse is just sitting in the courtyard. His wife, already undergoing great distress, has gone to the First Lady to place a complaint. I heard that Ning Qi is also responsible for Ning Long's death. Seventh Uncle has now taken him to see the old master in regards to this issue!"

Whether it was a main branch minion or maidservant, everyone in the manor had found out that Ning Qi suddenly came back to the manor after a few months of absence. The instant he returned, he made his mark by killing Lee Si, a three-star Dou Zhe. This made many servants who had mocked and humiliated him, feel very worried. Could it be that Ning Qi, this bastard, was going to seek revenge on all those who have wronged him in the past?

"Madam, that bastard did not hesitate to even kill Ning Long and Lee Si. Would he come after me next? After all, at that time..." Maidservant Xiao Yuan stood behind a noblewoman and said with a trembling voice.

Her cultivation base was the same as Lee Si's. She was also a three-star Dou Zhe.

In contrast, the noblewoman in front of her was emitting a faint dark red Dou Qi from off her body. Clearly, her status was that of a Great Battle Master! To be able to be the First Lady of the Battle King, naturally, her cultivation base couldn't be too low!

The First Lady could not help but sneer. "That bastard, do not pay any attention to him. Though he clearly made Lee Si flip over, this was obviously a different kind of combat power that he used to kill a three-star Dou Zhe. Luckily, he was stupid enough to come back. The seventh brother's son had fallen under his hand. The seventh brother will not let this matter rest until he has seen that his son's death is avenged. Let them do all the grunt work. I just need to blow some wind into the old master's ear. This bastard will definitely find himself being executed by the law!"

At this time, the sound of footsteps could be heard making their way down the hall. A middle-aged man making quick steps walked in.

Xiao Yuan hurried to say, "Greetings, old master."

First Lady stepped forward with a smile on her face. "Old master, you have made your return from the Young Master Shenwu's place. How was your discussion? Are they willing to hand over that mine to us?"

Ning Hongtian did not bother to hide his snort. "Stop bringing up the subject of the mine. Let your third brother sort through this matter himself."

The First Lady's face stiffened for a good moment, then she regained her composure and covered it up with a smile on her face, saying, "Alright then, let's not discuss this anymore. Oh, that's right. Have you heard? Ning Qi is back."

Ning Hongtian responded with a cold expression on his face.

First Lady continued her speech, "He killed Lee Si in front of all those people and the Seventh Brother suspects that he also killed Ning Long. Now, he is being taken to see Great Grandfather. Somehow Ning Qi managed to harness a different type of combat power. It turns out to be very rare. However, killing a family member is a very serious crime..."

"A different type of combat power never seen before? Him?" Ning Hongtian could not help but frown.

"Well, seeing how things are, I admit that I am a little worried. A lot of people are looking at the old master, the seat of Champion Marquis, for guidance. It's not the first or second time we've caught an imposter in our midst. Even someone with Ning Qi's lowly status was given the chance to learn a cultivation technique. I'm afraid things are not that simple..."