C10 At the Loong family to Collect Debts

At the Loong family to Collect Debts

Standing not too far away, a trace of misgiving could be seen flashing across Manager Ning's eyes. Since when did this bastard have any relations with the Loong family? Could it be that the cultivation technique he practiced was something specifically granted to him by the Loong family?

As he thought of this, the corner of Manager Ning's mouth curved into a cold smile. Finally, he knew what his next step would be! First Lady will not be disappointed!

The Champion Marquis and the Loong family did not get along well. As long as he could prove that Ning Qi's cultivation technique was taught by the Loong family, Ning Qi's days on this earth would be numbered. Seeing as how the Champion Marquis had a bad temper, even if he didn't beat Ning Qi into a stupor after the Champion Marquis got through with him, his cultivation would not be the same!

Bang! Bang! With an outstretched hand, Ning Qi reached out and knocked on the door of the Loong family.

"Who is it? Do you know it is rude to knock at this hour? Do you have any idea this is the Loong family?"

An old man slowly opened the door. As he peered out, he was about to close the door, when Ning Qi stepped up and pressed a hand to the door to stop him. "Old man, are you blind?"

The old man seemed to have just noticed Ning Qi for the first time and rolled his eyes at him. "What's your family name? And why are you knocking on this door? Get lost now!"

He was about to slam shut the door, when he realized it would not budge from its position. Seeing the silver combat power being unleashed from Ning Qi's hand, his heart skipped in his chest. While frowning, he said, "Mutated combat power? And you are?"

Ning Qi said, "Go and tell Loong Er to come out. Tell him the person coming to collect the money is now here."

"Loong Er, the deacon?"

The old man tried to not show his astonishment by nodding his head. "Sir, please wait here. I will go and find the Deacon right now."

Not too long after, Loong Er appeared before Ning Qi. Ning Qi sneered, saying, "It's really difficult to be able to enter the Loong family's residence, but I don't need to go in. Is Loong Er prepared?"

Seeing Ning Qi standing right in front of him, Loong Er's face showed a troubled expression on it. "About this matter, I have already informed Great Elder about this, but the Great Elder doesn't agree to the price. Young Master Ning, can you lower the price just a little?"

Ning Qi in turn asked, "And how much less?"

Loong Er asked him, "How about ten thousand silver taels?"

Ning Qi said, "140,000 silver taels. That works. Bring it to me quickly!"

Loong Er's face turned slightly red from embarrassment. "It'll be a total of ten thousand taels altogether."

Hearing his words, Ning Qi was enraged. "Do you think I'm some sort of beggar?"

The old gatekeeper, when he heard their discussion, could not keep his surprise to himself. Since when did the Loong family owe such a large sum of money to someone? This was not a small debt!

Loong Er gave him an apologetic smile and said, "Young Master Ning, I can do nothing to change the Great Elder's decision. Ten thousand silver taels, take it or leave it. I have already prepared the money. Please accept it."

As he said this, he handed over a silver note embossed with an imperial seal on it. Ning Qi could read the name 'Qin Tang Bank' on it. Such a bank was said to have been opened by a member of the imperial family and it was deemed very trustworthy.