Chapter 11

JENNIE

We are now here at the rest house na pagmamay-ari nila Lisa. I'm sitting silently on the balcony, thinking about everything. It's been a week since that night and I know for sure that the Kwons are raging in anger right now. I'm really scared, I know Ji Yong! I know he can kill anyone. If he happens to know where I am? For sure he will come here and drag me out of here, of course that includes hurting all the people around me at iyon ang pinaka ayaw kong mangyari. My friends? Especially Lisa? They all made me feel that I'm worth the fight but then again, I just don't want them to get hurt.

Lisa: Penny for your thoughts, Ms. Dumpling?

Jennie: O-oh hi, Lisa. Kanina ka pa diyan?

Lisa: Just a few seconds I think. Are you okay, Jennie? What are you thinking? Your mind seems to be flying high.

Jennie: N-nothing. I just want some fresh air and I just got mesmerized at the view.

Lisa: (hold Jennie's hands) Look here, Jennie. I know you're scared. I know and I can feel it. You can talk to me, you trust me do you?

Jennie: I wouldn't be here if I didn't, Lisa. I trust you and I'm just scared not only for myself but for all of you. I know them I mean The Kwons. They're EV|l. I-i just can't afford to lose anyone anymore. (Crying)

Lisa: (wiped Jennie's tears) ssssshhhh, everything will be fine, Jennie. As long as we're here? We are all safe. I guarantee you that. I can't let any of you get hurt, you're all in my family's house. I will protect you at all costs and that's a promise. So better stop crying, you're just wasting your tears, gorgeous dumpling! Smile!

Jennie: (cry more and hug Lisa)

Lisa: H-hey hey, I told you to stop crying not to cry more, aishhh. This Dumpling! You wet my shirt, look.

Jennie: (sneezed at Lisa's shirt) y-you made me cry tapos ngayon magrereklamo ka? Wala ako dalang tissue. So yeah, we're even now!

Lisa: hands up, Dumpling! I swear I'll bring tissues next time.

Jennie: So, you mean you'll always make me cry????? You're so bad!

Lisa: Aissshhh why so smart yet not? Of course not! Come on, better stop crying. You know Jisoo Unnie and Chipmunk! They will shave me bald if they see you crying.

Jennie: I like that, you're giving me the idea Lisa. Should I cry more and make it louder?

Lisa: you're so mean, Nini!

Jennie: N-nini?

Lisa: Yeah, Nini. It suits you anyway. From now on? I'll call you Nini and you can call me.....

Jennie: LILI! I will call you Lili!

Lisa: Nini-Lili...wow I like it.

Jennie: And I love it! (Smile)

Lisa: You look more pretty when smiling, Nini. Please do that always! Arasso?

Jennie: Can't promise but I'll try, Lili.

SILENCE....

Lisa: (cleared her throat) Nini...

Jennie: Yes, Lili?

Lisa: C-can we talk about...Ahmmm..I mean... About w-what happened between u-us that n-night?

Jennie: (look down)

Lisa: I-i'm really sorry, Nini. I-i didn't mean t-to do that and say those hurtful words to y-you.

Jennie: (sigh deeply and didn't talk)