Regret

Wonyoung woke up and glanced about to notice Liz napping peacefully on the couch of their dorm.

She reaches for the remote under Liz's arm. "Time sure flies, the kpop industry—" Wonyoung turned the accidental news channel off and lazily placed it back on the coffee table.

It has been 7 years since IVE's debut which also means, they're nearing the end of their contract. In turn, it has been 8 years ever since the disbandment of IZONE.

With IVE's busy schedule, the two twin towers never really had the time to hang out with their unnies, always winning awards once every two weeks, manifold photoshoots and concert preparations during their busy days. You could say they were it in the fourth generation, but it sure was draining. Nevertheless, they had a lot of fun promoting throughout the 7 years with the group.

Wonyoung stretched and shook the sleeping girl who whined subtly. "Go sleep in your room." she urged but the girl desperately grasped onto the blanket.

The taller girl couldn't be bothered and stood up, seeing Yujin's phone on the table. She then wondered where she went since they were having their usual, one of their last movie nights in this dorm.

She took it and dragged her feet along the hallway of their rather empty shared apartment.

When she was about a few steps away from the older girl's room, she heard sniffles wondering what was going on. But she knows, it was coming from their leader.

Wonyoung softly knocked on the wooden door as Yujin briefly wiped her tears away, hearing the door creak open with the younger one stepping in.

"Are you okay?"

Yujin felt Wonyoung's presence getting nearer and soon, a hand landed on her head with the taller girl sitting next to her on the floor. "What's wrong?"

The older girl shook her head as Wonyoung glanced down to see what she was holding on to. It was a photo of Yujin, Chaewon and Minju.

"Isn't it funny how Chaewon unnie always appears in our photos?" Yujin spoke, thinking about how every fansite's photo that had her and Minju in it, Chaewon would be idling a few inches away.

Wonyoung saw how tears were slowly welling up at the brink of her eyes, followed by a soft sniff. It must be one of those days. "Unnie, you haven't...let go of her?" she hesitantly asked but Yujin didn't really say a word, just staring at the captured memory.

"Do you think I should've been selfish instead?" Yujin softly glided her finger over her cheek, wiping her tear off. "Maybe if I had been, would things be...better?" she wondered with eyelids feeling heavy.

Everyone has been busy with their own lives. Everyone is exhausted. Yujin in particular had a really hard time managing herself, given the role of a leader in her current group.

Nevertheless, she persisted throughout and successfully led their group well with the guidance of her former leader, Kwon Eunbi.

But that was at a cost. Her being the leader, the group she loved being disbanded and her leading her own life, dream. Whenever you achieve something, there has to be a cost.

It's not money valued. To her, anything that can be bought using money was not a cost for her, she thinks of it as a reward. But she's humble.

The cost for her was sacrifice. The sacrifice of putting others before herself. Yujin has always been this kind of person.

Perfect, selfless, and nice human being. Too nice to the point she hurt herself without even knowing. Too nice that people take her for granted. But she doesn't blame anyone for those. It was her decision, all on her own.