What are you doing here? (short)

Yujin hops onto the bed, immediately turning on her phone. There were a few notifications from the person named—My Frog. With a heart.

Her smile got wider, unlocking her phone and instantly video called her after asking if she was free.

"Baby." She giggles, finally being able to see her girlfriend's face after a good twelve hours or more.

"You're not asleep yet? It's 3 am there." Minju checks on something. Yujin stares through her phone as if she had no means to look somewhere else.

Yujin lay on her back. "When are you coming?" She wiggles her toes, hearing mumbling at the other end of the line. "I miss you. I'll always miss you. It's been six months. I need you here." She pouts, noticing how Minju was in class.

"I'll be back soon, okay? Wait for a little more." Minju whispers, resting the back of her hand against the table. "How's your day?" She asks, heart melting with how Yujin was staring at her like every other today through the phone.

"It's good. Wonyoung got top in her cohort." She lays her head on her arm, not afraid of the phone dropping onto her face. "Really?" Yujin nods.

"You? What about you?" Minju circles back the question, wanting to know how she's been doing. The older girl feels a little bad that she had to study at Harvard which is a thousand miles away from where Yujin is.

Especially when they've only started dating two years ago. It was pretty tragic remembering how Yujin didn't want to let her go. The girl almost had the urge to just keep Minju hostage just so her flight could be missed.

Nonetheless, they've been coping well with this long-distance relationship of theirs even when they thought it wouldn't work. Perhaps they had their own schedules to distract them from constantly wanting to see each other every second of the day.

"Me?" Minju hummed as the girl gently rubs her eyes. "Let me think." The older girl lightly chuckles with how she had to think, proving how she's definitely up for some shut-eye in the next few minutes.

"Ah," Yujin remembers. "I received an award." She smiles.

Minju's eyes slightly widened. "You did? What was it?"

"You know how I'm always late for class," Yujin said. The older girl could never agree more, recalling the memories of watching Yujin run into high school while she was the student councillor in charge of tardy students.

"But last week I had a reason."

"And what could that be? A kid asking you for directions?" Minju jokes, seeing how her eyes widen as if she were right. "How did you know?"

"You're kidding."

"Am not. A kid really asked me to help him find his mother." Yujin laughs, also finding it ridiculous.

Her expression falls instantly. "But it wasn't a happy thing. The lady had a cardiac arrest, but I helped her."

Minju couldn't find the words to say. Things went dark fast. "And she's fine?"

"Of course. Your girlfriend's a trained cardiologist."

"My girlfriend." Minju mumbles, fighting back a smile. "You're far from being a resident babe."

"I'm about to. Just give me two more years and I'll be treating actual people." Yujin puckers her lips proudly, smiling at the sight of Minju's beam.

"Then what award did you receive?" The older girl asked.

"The smile of that kid," Yujin answered, surprising Minju.

"I still got a demerit for being late." She lightly scratches her nose bridge, shrugging.