The window seat (short)

Yujin's POV

If there's one thing I'd stare at for the rest of my life, one person, it'll be her. If I was told I'll go blind, I'd use the remaining time just looking at her, trying my best to carve the image of her in my head, down to every little detail.

How her eyes crinkle when she smiles with them, those lines her cheeks create when she gives the most radiant beam, the way she's the only person I could see even in a room full of people.

All I want to look at is her.

Kim Minju. What a pretty name. I'm glad I can call her mine.

Didn't happen long ago, maybe a year or two, but we've known each other since high school. I was the first to confess. She took her time as I told her to.

And here we are now. We have an apartment together, a small one. Not much, but we're happy with it. Cosy.

Our plans for life are pretty simple. Just us and the world. We may have different dreams, but we're achieving them together. We love travelling and want to do that whenever we can.

It has been a while since we went on our last trip. The previous one was with our group of friends in Japan. We took the trains, fed the deers, and even dealt with our biggest fears.

Roller coasters. I'm not a fan but she is, even though she's scared. She likes the thrill and I follow her.

We're about to get on the train to Busan. Not the one with zombies, I checked. Yuri, one of our friends, told us to visit her.

"You didn't forget anything?" she asked as I stepped on the train after her, hauling our small luggage. We're going for four days.

"Nope." I dragged the luggage, going towards the aisle.

"Earphones?"

I pat the side of my bag. "Here." She can't live without them, especially on a long train ride. She gets bored easily and I run out of ways to entertain her.

"Wired?"

I pat the other side. She's afraid the batteries would drain. "I got your neck pillow, passport, scarf, plastic bag, make-up remover."

I heard her laugh. "Where's our seat?" she asks.

I looked at the ticket. "12C and D." I gazed around and I think she found it. She helped me lift the luggage up onto the compartment. Teamwork.

"Yuri's coming to fetch us, right?"

"We might have to take the bus. She'll be busy when we reach there." I duck my head and took the window seat.

Minju loves the window seat. Like a cat looking out. But after a while, I took that seat.

"You always take the window seat. When is it my turn?" she complains but sits down anyway. "You don't even like the window seat. You said it gets hot."

I made myself comfortable. "So I can do this." I shift in a way my back leans slightly against the window, facing her.

"Do what?"

"Look at you," I said.

She gave me a little scoff. "You could do the same sitting here." she points at her seat.

"Your face." I specified. I lean towards her, turning to the window. "You want to look out there." I pointed out and looked at her.

"And I want to look at you." She tries hiding that smile. "If you look out the window from here, I can't look at you."

"You look at me every day. Not bored?" she lightly slaps my cheek, palm staying at that spot.

I shook my head. "I like how the sun shines on your face. It's pretty."

"The sun or me?"

"The sun." I joked, earning a pinch to my cheek. Of course, it's her. She's the sun in my world.

based on a quote i saw on tiktok, a lot of inspirations come from tiktok