FOUR, a pointless grudge

MORGAN SAT silently, like a cat, on the Sturniolos kitchen counter. Her body was shivering from the cold. While warm, salty tears ran down her face. She had "the dream" again.

She didn't know how or why this dream came to her, she was only an infant at the time of the occurrence but she couldn't help but question if her mom's death was her own fault.

Of course, the triplets knew about "the dream." They were the first people she had told, though Marion and Giovani, who were asleep on the floor in Chris's room, had no clue about this recurring dream.

The more Morgan thought about it the more her breathing fastened pace. Was her mother already that sick of her? Was she too much work? So many reasons to think twice.

She held her palm to her lips to silence her oncoming sobs. There was no way she would allow herself to cry loudly and disturb everyone, it was pointless. Almost nobody could calm her "the dream" panic attacks.

Except for Matthew Sturniolo.

There was no way on earth Morgan thought she would gain the confidence to wake the poor boy up. She held her knees up to her chest and rocked herself around slowly, shutting her eyes and focusing on her breathing.

Her raggedy breaths would not stop, causing her to panic even more. They normally always stopped after focusing on her breathing. She let out a squeak of a sob, tugging on the roots of her hair.

Panic and anxiety were rushing through her body to the point where Morgan couldn't breathe. The only thing she felt was the hot tears continuously falling off her cheeks and down her neck, along with the closing in of her throat.

Now the only options she had left was to either continue to panic until she passes out or she could go down the hall and wake up Matt.

Morgan did not feel like going through the feeling of ringing in her ears and her vision slowly blacking out, so she quietly crept into Matt's room.

The girl said nothing but instead climbed under the warm sheets. Matt's eyes shot open and then squinted to make out who was next to him. Morgan let out a shaky breath, her bottom lip trembling as tears kept flowing.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. Matt widened his eyes and pulled her into his chest. He rested his chin over her soft hair and rubbed her back in a comforting manner.

Morgan finally felt her breathing go back to normal as she listened to the beat of Matthews's heart and the pace of his breath. She rested her head on his shoulder as they lay down, facing the ceiling.

This time, Morgan fell asleep but Matt stayed awake. Wondering why she had come to him so upset. That was until it struck him that she had had "the dream." He sighed quietly, falling back to sleep with his mind still racing.

Morgan woke up to four obnoxiously loud voices arguing over something before the shutter of a camera went off.

"Jeez, took you long enough to take it!"

"If you weren't up my ass about how to take photos the whole time it would've happened faster!"

Morgan instantly recognized these two voices, she also then heard two other laughs that she recognized. The brunette girl slowly opened her eyes, jumping at the sight of Christopher Sturniolo's face looking right at hers.