EIGHT, three big babies

TONIGHT WAS supposed to be a quiet night for Morgan March but knowing her three best friends, no night would ever be a quiet one. Especially the ones when the triplets were sick.

Morgan had received a video call from Matt at eleven pm, the poor boy's nose was red and stuffy and his voice croaky. The three boys had explained to Morgan that the night before when they slept over at Nate's house, they jumped into the pool at three am.

Hence why they were sick. It was the middle of winter for crying out loud. Morgan had walked over to the Sturniolo household at midnight, she packed a small bag with a book, headphones and other things for herself if she was going to be there a while.

As the girl walked, a cold breeze hit her exposed shoulders. Morgan was in pajama pants and a tank top as she was being rushed by the triplets and had forgotten a hoodie.

She unlocked the door with the spare key and walked into the warm, toasty house with a sigh. She was aware that Marylou and Jim, the triplets' parents, had gone out for the night which left her as the trios 'babysitter'.

"Morgie!" Matt grinned like a child, before violently coughing. Morgan inhaled deeply and smiled at the boy. Christopher and Nicolas trudged through the hallway before stopping next to their brother to say hi.

"Hi, Moe."

Morgan smiled at the other two boys, taking in their lazy appearances. She sighed, placing her bag next to the kitchen island before slowly walking towards the three boys. She stretched out her arms to offer a hug.

As Nick went to hug Morgan, Matthew and Chris pulled him back. Worried that she would also get sick.

"Guys, it's okay," Morgan giggled at their protectiveness over her.

Nick smiled widely, embracing the shorter girl. Matt and Chris shared a look before joining in on the hug, feeling a little better than before already.

"Okay I want you all to go to your own rooms right now," Morgan softly ordered, cringing at how mother-like she sounded.

"Yes, ma'am!" All three boys saluted before marching in the directions of their own rooms.

As the trio left the kitchen, Morgan made three mugs of soup and toasted sandwiches for each boy. She also carried a cup of water and an Advil in case any of them needed one.

First, she went into Nick's room and handed him his food. She also ended up staying in there for twenty-odd minutes to watch an episode of Love Island with him.

Next was Chris's room. The only light source the boy was currently using was his LED lights, Morgan didn't mind but only engaged in a small conversation with him before leaving for Matt's room.

Matt's room was practically pitch black, which came as no surprise to Morgan because that's how it always was. She moved around in the dark until she found herself sitting next to the boy on his bed.

"Thank you," Matt gratefully smiled.

"It's no problem at all, Matty."

Morgan and Matt sat in a comfortable silence as the boy ate his food. After a while Matt felt his eyes get tired, it was a struggle to keep them open for the sake of talking to Morgan. The March girl seemed to notice and shifted into a more comfortable position.

"Go to sleep," she whispered sweetly.

Matt pouted but rested his head on her chest, Morgan began to play with his hair before the two drifted off.