TEN, i'll try my hardest

THREE WEEKS had passed since Morgan and Matthew's kiss and Morgan had been avoiding the boy at all costs. Especially after his comment after the kiss.

"You've gotta talk to him, Moe," Chris sighed as he lay on the girl's bed, watching lazily as she sewed the final parts of her dress together.

"Why should I?"

Christopher rolled his eyes at her stubbornness. The last thing he wanted was for him and Morgan to argue and for her to start avoiding him too.

"Morgan, he seems really down. What even happened?" He softly asked. The boy had decided to stay quiet for a while until he felt like he needed to speak up.

The March girl sighed, lifting the foot of the sewing machine up to rotate the fabric. She spun around on her chair to face Chris, who was now laying on his stomach with his head resting on Morgan's pillow.

"We kissed," Morgan mumbled, catching Chris off guard. The boy let out a girly scream before covering his mouth.

"You're lying!"

Morgan shook her head, a small smile forming on her face at how excited Chris was.

"Then he said, and I quote, 'promise me nothing will sprout from this just yet,' like, what?" Morgan grumbled, doing her best impression of Matt's voice.

"You should know he didn't mean that," Chris sighed.

"You can never say something you don't mean without meaning it. Even if it's just a little bit."

Chris nodded in defeat. Morgan was right, hell, she was almost always right when it came to advice, or just debating things in general.

As the boy stayed silent, she turned back around to sew the finish touches to the dress. During those three weeks of avoiding Matt, Nick and Chris would always come to Morgan's and give their opinions on the dress so far and just hang out with her.

There was one time Matt invited himself along, it wasn't too bad, minus the tension, though Morgan still did not utter one word to the boy. Unless you count, "bye.".

"He misses you," Chris states loudly, unable to hear his own thoughts because of the speed the machine was going at.

"Okay!" Morgan called over the noise.

Christopher rolled his eyes, watching as she swiftly manoeuvred the fabric past the fine needle.

"Et voila!" Morgan exclaimed as she held the finished dress up. Chris's eyes widened, not specifically at the dress, at how incredibly well Morgan had sewn the dress.

"Holy shit, Morgan," he breathed, walking over to take the dress from her outstretched hands.

The boy held it to his body and walked over to Morgan's full-length mirror, moving around to make it sway. Morgan played along with his joke and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"How do I look," Chris shyly said, almost breaking character.

"Mindboggling," Morgan wheezed and fell to the floor at Chris's face.

"I'm breaking up with you!" Chris huffed, still in a high-pitched voice.

Morgan gasped dramatically, standing up straight and grabbing the boy's hands. She sarcastically gazed into his eyes.

"Please don't! I— I love you!"

"I know," Chris grinned, breaking his character.

He placed the dress on the hanger that hung from Morgan's closet. The two flopped onto her bed on their backs.