FIVE, this or that

MORGAN MARCH lay flat on her bed, her eyes softly shut as she rested them from all the crying she had done an hour earlier. Giovani Watson and Marion Fallon had left for France.

She already went through this once, a month ago when she first left, she hated having to go through it twice. Though, that's that was it's going to be when you have friends across the world, right?

The glow of the full moon was shining through the girl's window, illuminating her tired face. She opened her eyes, watching what was happening on her TV as she was currently rewatching Modern Family for the tenth time.

Her door slowly cracked open, catching Morgans attention. She looked over to see her uncle walking in with two mugs in his hands and a small smile on his kind face.

"I know it's literally twelve am but are you up for some Teddy and Morg time?" Ted March softly asked, sitting down in the space Morgan had moved over to create for him.

"I'm down," Morgan chuckled, pausing the show to shift into a comfortable position so she was facing the man.

The girl took her mug out of his hand and brought it took her lips, taking a small sip before shutting her eyes and wincing at the heat.

"Forgot to tell you it was hot. Sorry!" Teddy laughed.

Morgan smiled, waiting for her uncle to talk. She knew that a majority of times he asked for 'Teddy and Morg time' was so they could talk.

"Already missing them, huh?"

"I missed them before they even left," Morgan snorted pathetically at herself.

Teddy sighed, placing his tea to the side before picking up Morgans hairbrush and combing through the girl's hair. Ever since Morgan had long enough hair, he would always braid it into two french braids during 'Teddy and Morg time'.

"The boys told me you had 'the dream' again," Ted softly spoke, breaking the silence and catching the girl off guard.

Those little buggers, she thought. Morgan nodded with her lips pursed.

"Do you want another story?"

"Yes please," Morgan softly whispered, pulling a hair tie off her wrist and handing it to her uncle.

The older man nodded, thinking back to a good memory he had with his older sister. He was aware of Morgan's dreams about her mother and would always tell her a memorable story about the woman the night after the dream happened.

"Okay this is from when I was about fourteen and your mother was nineteen," he began, braiding the other half of her hair.

"It was Christmas eve and your mom had blown our annual 'sibling day' off to go out with her friends. Oh and note, her friends are not the best people."

Morgan laughed out of her nose and lay back into a comfortable position after the man had tied both braids securely. She cuddled her matching monkey stuffed toy she got with Chris Sturniolo before listening in more.

"So here I was, waiting for her at the park and it was damn freezing too! Half an hour passes and she won't pick up her phone, so I just think 'maybe she's stuck in traffic,' but anyways, I continue to wait at the park, trying to stomp around in the snow to stay warm and finally Maddie calls me!"

Morgan smiles widely at her mother's nickname, taking yet another sip of her tea before lying back down.

"She goes: 'hey, T! I'm gonna have to cancel today's plan, sorry kid. Love ya!' and hangs up! A crazy woman she was. So I slowly trudge home before a flash, blue convertible pulls up beside me and all I see is Madeline, in the passenger seat, next to some guy?!"